Joan Rivers vs. Chelsea Handler

Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Joan Rivers vs. Chelsea Handler

Joan Rivers and Chelsea Handler are not holding back what they really think of one another. Rivers reportedly called Handler a "drunk" and a "whore" during a radio interview with Howard Stern on Tuesday, after Handler told the radio show host "What the f--k do I care about Joan Rivers?" the day before.

The 78-year-old Rivers took Handler's question as fighting words and a day later fired back saying Handler "made it on her back, f--king the president [of E!]...we all know how she got there," according to The New York Post.

Rivers was referencing Handler's 4-year relationship with Ted Harbert, the former CEO of Comcast Entertainment Group, the parent company of E!, reports the Post.

River's continued her rant on Stern saying Handler is a "drunk" and warned the comedian, saying "Don't you come after me you whore"

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Team Joan!

Chelsea Handler. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TEAM JOAN!

And I say that as someone who enjoyed Chelsea's first few books, only to determine that Chelsea's a hack who doesn't put out anything original anymore, she's very ordinary, not particularly funny and clearly slept her way right to the middle. It's fair to say she slept her way there, she did. Ted Harbert was the head of E! when her show was launched. Like Julie Chen, Chelsea Handler simply had the marketing machine behind her and her mediocrity was hyped off of her first book, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

That she insults Joan Rivers is unbelievable and hideous karma. Joan Rivers paved the way for Chelsea Handler, she trail blazed, she kicked through all the doors for women in comedy. The first woman to host The Tonight Show, the first woman with her own late night show, a QVC fortune, creating what we know as the Red Carpet, acting work, still working stand up around the world, multiple New York Times bestselling books, a daytime talk show, an Emmy win, a Grammy nominated comedy album, an award winning documentary about her, a reality show, Fashion Police...a 50+ year career that goes on.

Chelsea owes her whole career to Joan Rivers. Chelsea Handler can go straight to hell, the ungrateful bitch.

• Members

and is there anyone who takes Julie Chen seriously as a journalist or even a minor reality show personality?

One thing daytimefan, I think most comedians would agree that the true pioneer was Phyllis Diller. I never thought she was so funny, but I believe she is considered the first major female comic.

• Members

Thank you & agreed! All Chelsea said was that she doesn't give a f*ck about her. Joan is just mad because Chelsea doesn't give a f*ck about her & is also getting all the buzz and attention, while meanwhile, all she's got going for her these days is hosting some lame red carpet style show on the E! network and looking a fool on her WE tv reality show. Joan can sit her ass down! What an OTT reaction. I'm actually glad Chelsea is ignoring her.

• Members

Joan is VERY thin skinned and insecure, but she is FUN TO WATCH no matter what she's doing, so while I don't like her as a person all the time, she's entertaining as hell. I haven't seen enough of Chelsea to make a judgement. I will say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good celebrity feud. And yes, Quartermainfan... I agree that Phyllis Diller is the mother of all female comics, heck, Totie Fields and Moms Mabley pre-dated Joan.

• Members

Oh I would absolutely agree about Phyllis Diller being the ground breaking comedian for women in comedy. Joan Rivers has said that as well (in addition to Moms Mabley)...where Joan is a ground breaker and trail blazer is her television work. The first woman to host The Tonight Show and the first woman to have her own show in late night. As well as Joan's exceptionally varied career.

Chelsea pissed all over Joan Rivers, she's done it before in the New York Post. The point is she shouldn't have a single negative word to say about the woman. She paved the road Chelsea's career has walked down.

Archived