OLTL: Tuesday, January 10, 2012

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
what rewrite? It was only ever written as Todd being the killer. They never revealed it as anyone else and besides the story isnt even finished.

As to why they think Todd is the killer? His behavior was a tipoff and they know Tomas was framed. John had that guy that Todd paid off confessed to him and he and Tea specifically havent done anything yet bc as you said they dont have proof. Thats been the point of the last few weeks; trying to gather evidence and/or trip Todd up.

• Members

It was a quick rewrite done to extend the story for Prospect Park, and a poor one. "Oh, Todd has been accused of a crime he didn't commit - oh wait, uh, he totally did it, guys, let's just reset things since we're going online after all, we want to continue the intrigue and we know Roger will be taking an out for pilot season (and then apparently coming back)."

In point of fact, PP planned to use both Todd and Victor in major story. He's not dead, and Todd didn't shoot him. Lame way to extend the story.

• Members

This felt like a normal OLTL episode today. I really appreciated that because Friday and Monday's episodes were SO emotional for me, I kind of liked sitting back and enjoying all of the scenes (Starr telling Dani about Cole being alive, Clint getting Vimal to perform another DNA test, Jessica coming to terms about Ford's death, the ending with Natalie waiting at John's apartment) without thinking about the fact that there are only 3 episodes left.

• Members

Today's was kind of slow. At least there was a bit of comedy like how Tea lied to Todd. Of course, what made me laugh out loud was how baby Ryder was yelling when with Jessica. It seemed like he didn't care for Ford either.

• Members

I had heard Brody had filmed near the end (but I'd heard the same with Andrea Evans, so who knows). I am quietly kind of hoping he gets one last day with Jessica at St. Anne's where they lay groundwork for a reunion in the future. It would fit RC's tendency to go back for something when he wants it; even if he did love Bobby Ford, he also made Brody become a frontburner lead, he brought Charlie back one more time, and he did see to it that Natalie got revenge for Jared on behalf of both the audience and, IMO, himself.

It has not sunk in for me that this show is going off the air on Friday. It feels active and vital despite its many faults, like it's just another week. The pain's not really hit. I thought I was through most of it months ago, then again in November, now I don't know. I'm just sort of expectant. I keep thinking of where it could go online.

• Members

I agree with today being a bit boring...

It seemed to me that CH played the scenes that way because there was the possibility of her continuing in some form in the future on PP - as in, they left it open so it could have opened some story for Nora/Bo if they went to PP later. If RS/Bo wasn't going to go to PP, they could have killed him off and had Nora blame Lindsay for not getting help like she said she would...

Interesting twist that they faked Cole's death.

VIMAL! I just hope we see Rama again...

It's nice not seeing Rex or Gigi for this amount of time, that has probably NEVER happened.

• Members

I think Brody was just a placeholder for RC, while they found their new Nash or Todd or whoever. He went nuts twice under RC, and spent a year as a hypocrite, beating up poor Ford, breaking Jessica's heart, blah blah.

I'm sure he did care about Jared though.

Did anyone else laugh when they said Vimal was going to run a paternity test? I hope those weird rumors about Harry O'Neil end up being the result.

• Members

I don't think he was a placeholder. Originally Brody was just to be the goat for Rex, go nuts up on Llantano Mountain and either die or get thrown in St. Anne's, then bye bye. When Gary Tomlin introduced Brody he was a surly, lying drunk; a week or two later, when RC returned after the strike they began retooling the character to make him distinctly more sympathetic. They delved into him because they saw the talent in Mark Lawson and made him a leading man. Were this the '80s or even much of the '90s, a true blue, layered hero like Brody would've had a long, long run on the show. He was a complex, intelligent but innately heroic and valiant guy. It's just that the overall ethos of ABC Daytime hasn't gone in for much of that in a long while. Everybody's been chasing the legacy of Bob Guza's dark GH for ages - back when it was good, which was long ago.

Yeah, Brody's character was fed to that same meat grinder, but I do think they were once quite invested in him.

Archived