OLTL: Tuesday, January 10, 2012

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This last minute recast of Cole shows just how much mileage was left for this character. I love how just like his parents before him, Cole will have to live off the grid to be with the ones he loves. I think Cole may be one of my favourite characters from this denouement.

I am also loving being spoiler free. I was thinking all afternoon about which person was going to die. If soaps ever come back, I hope TPTB know better this time as to keep their lips sealed about what is going to happen on their shows.

• Members

"well she said she was all alone and Oprah had given her orders to get her powers back" laugh.png Why the heck are Clint and Viki lying about why Alison showed up and what she said? I understand them not wanting to say anything to Jessica but John/Nat?

Oh snap Tea says she wants to tell Blair the truth. Spit it out bitch! You only got 3 days to do so

Im glad Dani could be here for Starr. LOL at her saying "so your dad came through" instead of our dad

• Members

I'm assuming Lindsay was back in prison too but I hope they make a mention that she got paroled at least.

I must admit that I found the Cole replacement quite good too. I never wanted Cole to come back and then when I heard they were switching actors I figured why bother. Now, I'm glad they did it. It was a good ending for his character.

I agree about being spoiler free. I've purposely not read about what happens story-wise for the ending and I'm loving it more. I was aware of a lot of the returns, but that just made me want to watch more to see how and why. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of HAVING to watch your show to see what happens next? That's a big part of why soaps have lost an audience. Everyone knows two or three months ahead of time to the day what's going to happen on each ep. sad.png

• Members

I have to say, I'm not that bothered by Starr winding up with neither Cole nor James. I always thought a lot of what made her character unique was taken away from her once she was a teenager and took up with Cole. I kind of hope that she does something like pursue her love of biology and weird, exotic animals (like iguanas), and focuses on studying these things in college to provide a good example for Hope.

And THEN, somewhere down the line, find someone who appreciates her bad girl Cramer/Manning genes, as well as her ability to stand up for herself and be strong..

• Members

No one seems all that broken up about Ford being dead. Jess included. It made my year.

Loved Todd getting Cole out of town for Starr (and Marty). Wish he and Cole could've had one more scene so we could see that interplay.

• Members

LMAO at Vimals joke about checking Natalie's DNA

As for Lindsay, she should be back in prison. The prison break just happened last night and getting her off isnt really a priority. It would take time to get her on parole. I hate how we dont know her actual fate though. Did she try and run away and then was caught or did she surrender herself? If its the latter then at least she'd have hope for a release but if its the former, she's gonna rot in prison

• Members

John said all the escapees had been rounded up except for Allison Perkins but this is what Cat said to me about Lindsay

https://twitter.com/#!/cathickland/status/155842608369905664

Does anyone get what she means? Why would they tell her to play it ambiguously when they were writing it as having her recaptured? I guess the open-ended storyline is whether or not she did the right thing and got the cops up to the mountain after we last saw Bo and Nora or attempted to run and was later caught, either giving her parole or having her re-jailed, respectively?

• Members

I agree. That was the problem with the PGP soap endings, everyone had to be paired up. Some of them in romantic entanglements that were only weeks old in the eye of the viewers. This makes the ending feel like a true capture in time, as if these characters are going to continue living the lives they have in front of our screens, even without us watching.

Archived