OLTL: Tuesday, January 10, 2012

• Members

Unfortunately short an/or quick back and forthh scenes have beben a staple of OLTL for a while now--even more than probably any other current soap. Sometimes it suits the current style of OLTL but sometimes it drives me crazy.

Today's episode did feel disjointed, but I didn'tmind the pace or focus of it--they needed IMHO at least one "downtime" episode after the blackout and Heaven/Hell dramaere going intot he final episodes. I just hope the final three are truly special.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marty appeared during the "was it rape" story with Victor/Todd and Blair in 2004. Susan Haskell came back for that and Marty testified on the stand (as an actual psychiatric consultant, which was bullshit) that she did not believe Todd could rape again. She then briefly lectured Blair about having remembered the night in question 'wrong.' Imagine the egg on Marty's face in 2008 when Victor did, in fact, rape her.

But yeah, during that story in 04, Marty told Todd she and Patrick and the kid were happy in California.

• Members

I loved him in that role too except he truly didget BORING. That's what I objected him to. Because he did earn the role (which is why I was worried that at any minute to try to make him more interesting again RC would have him go psycho again because he doesn't seem what else to do with nice characters sometimes--which he kinda did but I suppose at least gave him some motive with his need for family and sen him to St Anne's instead of his death as I expected).

The girl kid, right? :P I completely forgot about that mess...

• Members

No, I don't remember them mentioning the kid specifically.

I never had a problem with Cole turning up as a boy, or Starr's age. The sex of the child was a throwaway mention in one episode in '97, and in terms of soap aging, Cole and Starr were only maybe a year or two apart. Which makes them the same age, soap-wise.

Archived