OLTL: Tuesday, January 10, 2012

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show did seem slow today.

I love that Todd helped Cole escape

I thought Lenny & Nic did pretty well today. Altho at several moments early on it looked like Lenny was about to plant a rather passionate kiss on Nic

I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of Allison

Vimal's joke.. too soon? made me laugh out loud

• Members

yeah a ballpark figure of how many shows they will produce in a year (I think Spew had repeats all last week) - that was the first time I've read about an episode count for TR. It sparked my interest.

LOL!

And chew on this, then lose weight like this..pitiful.

• Members

Jessica: "That's Daddy. That's your Dad."

Ryder: "AAAAAAHHHH!"

Like it was a horror movie or something!

HOW did I not notice this before someone else pointed it out (or how did I forget it if I DID notice it earlier?)? I love that baby more than ever now! wub.png

Listen to Ryder, Jess! He's smarter than you are right now! (Not that that has meant much in awhile, but still...)

I SO hope they do an episode for Ryder and Liam's first birthdays tomorrow (later today, lol). I need some cute cousin bonding! smile.png

• Members

I still think Starr will leave with her kid to find him and that's the ewxit--and then if she had returned to PP they could have made up some reason why they're allowed to return (this is a soap afterall--and one that would be written by RC...)

I try to be spoiler free in general, though I usually tend to find out (even from just going on abc.com) about actor returns and exits, but was very glad I didn't know anything about AMC's last two weeks--or OLTL's.

• Members

Really doesn't but me--like (some) others I like some ambiguity in my soap endings--then I can feel like the stories and characters are still going on with their lives which I personally find more true to the soap format than everything else tied up. I mean soaps are one of the few open ended forms--even more so than serialized fiction (ie when Dickens' stuff is called the ancestor of soaps--it's true he wrote it as it was serialized each month, or week dependin gon the story, and often changed the story due to audience reaction but his stories were always meant to have an ending). That's one reason soaps also open up with so much backstory.

They have proof--Thomas' french friend Camar or whatever he's called told them under pressure.

You love Todd but call Tea bi-polar? :P

• Members

So I just re-watched the episode all way through (instead of sneaking peaks during lunch at my hotel room), and I have to say... this episode kind of sucked for a "final week" episode. I am not getting any heightened sense of emotion or feelings that the plots I have been watching will soon come to a conclusion. I know, I know, the PP deal was still in place to continue, but the occurrences in this episode seem like a waste for the final moments of this 42 year old show.

The scenes also felt very short and staggered. I think we can all agree, that short scenes hinder the viewers ability to connect with the emotions of the scene.

I think that the flash-forward eliminated the opportunity to capitalize from yesterday's emotional cliffhanger. I'd sooner have seen the Manning/Buchanans reactions at the hospital to the immediate news then these delayed coping moments. Imagine Starr having to comfort her devastated cousin who just realised her other child will grow-up without a father. The juxtaposition of Jess and Starr as potential single parents was lost in today's scene. I also think the flashbacks were a little sterile because they came of as "telling" and not "showing."

A more opportune moment would have to been to employ a flash forward after Jessica is delivered with the devastating blow. Also, like someone said before, it would have allowed for a flash forward further into the future, which could help to resolve leaving Vicki, Clint, and Bo in hospital robes for their final moments in Llanview.

• Members

Yeah it didn't bother me-well maybe too much Ford Bros focus (I always laugh when they pretend that Inez is still on the show...), but ti was nice to have a breather in a way, and I actually for once liked one of RC's shock twists with the Cole isn't dead hing (honest to God I was certain he's sacrifice Cole for Ford which would make no sense even by the RC Heaven rules).

Archived