2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Good to see Scott "Murder Mystery" Hamner finally gone!

I doubt we'll ever see small writing staffs again. Having 4-5 BDWs and SWs is about right - then you just rotate who will be doing doubles. Having 6+ BDW or SW is too much.

• Members

im hoping sheffer is sticking around at the very least AWH! he worked briefly with griffith on ATWT before they both left, sheffer was AHW while griffith was SW and also trent jones was there at the same time as AWH so maybe he will come back since he knows Y&R's history!! i can only hope!

• Administrator

But if veteran writers have to write more episodes, wouldn't that be more expensive? If you want to have a small writing staff to keep cost down, then you probably couldn't hire anyone with 15+ years of experience because they would cost too much to write 2-3 episodes a week.

• Members

On the other hand, you could hire 4-5 writers to handle scripts, split HW'ing duties between you and one other person (or, handle it all yourself, if you have the stamina), and eliminate the need for lengthy, detailed breakdowns.

• Administrator

Apparently, Connor isn't back at Y&R. The people doing the credits just had a major f*ck up. How does someone mess up that badly. And how does that get pass the producers? Don't they watch the final product?

• Administrator

But since shows like GH and Y&R show credits at the beginning of the episode, aren't they done in-house by the editors? That's how see it in my mind. Whenever they are editing an episode, they receive just the front page of the script and they match episode numbers. They would have all the names on the computer and they would just copy/paste the names into the episode. I'm going to assume that's not how it's done. LOL

Archived