2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

As predicted, FOJ writer Michael Conforti is now at Y&R. It looks like he might have taken Jay Gibson's spot on the breakdown team. Gibson hasn't written a breakdown since November 26.

- Michael Conforti first listed as Breakdown Writer on December 13

• Members

Jill's just hanging herself, bringing in her so-called "buddies" to shore up her power base at Y&R. She really is one of the most insecure EPs around, having to surround herself with people who owe their jobs over the years to her. Jill and Josh's Y&R is uninspired and boring, partly because the writers who once made Y&R a class act unto itself are long gone. The production and pacing are now yawn-worry. Each day, a replica of the last. Michael Conforti and Tracey Thomson, really?? There's a winning combo.

• Members

Um, no she hasn't. Denney is out on medical leave, he's recently had surgery. Maxam isn't out either, he just hasn't directed any episodes this month so far.

Childs and Eilbaum are freelance. Your other assumption, Dansby, just wrote two back to back episodes as well. Going by who hasn't written or directed an episode in a few weeks isn't always a clear indication of who is in or out. There's vacation and other external options to consider.

• Members

just a random question i've been wondering lately, although im not too familiar with the position, im asking everyone who they consider is the best script editor in daytime (past and present), going on recent memory, elizebeth korte would be the number one choice of the last 10 years but who else outshines??

also my second question is who were the script editors for the following:

pamela k. long (guiding light)

douglas marland (ATWT)

claire labine (GH)

bill bell (Y&R)

nancy curlee & co. (GL)

lorraine broderick (AMC)

michael malone (OLTL)

i would love to hear anyones opinion!!

• Administrator

I don't really have an opinion on SE's. It's hard to tell who's good or who's bad.

Michele Val Jean

I think it was Kay Alden who did double duties. Not 100% sure though.

2011: Jeff Beldner

2003-2004: David Cherrill

• Members

In the mid-80s Sally Sussman Morina was script editor; I could also see Jerry Birn being script editor at one point or another. But Kay Alden was probably responsible for the longest time...

EDIT: I think that Bill Bell did some heavy editing himself, if I remember correctly. He was very handson on the scripts

Archived