2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Shows passing on the end credits to the network makes sense (so they can format it to the squeeze credits), but passing the opening credits don't make sense. Opening credits are within the show. For international end credits, I'm assuming Sony (DAYS/Y&R) and Bell (B&B) does them.

I'm going to have to put a blank for the BDW.

• Members

You can be sure that most of Maria Bell's hires behind the scenes will go (just like most of the actors on the screen). Phelps has already canned the following Bell hires: Kanelos, Smith, Milstein, Andrew Lee, Habib Azar, Angela Tessinari. I think Conal O'Brien will go to make room for Own Renfroe. I would not be surprised to see Anne Schoettle go (friend of Milstein and wife of David Shaughnessy), Jay Gibson (a friend of Maria and writer strike hire), Theresa Zimmerman (a writer strike hire and former B&B friend of Maria). I predict Michael Conforti will become a script writer for Phelps. I expect to see one or two more Hollywood Heights writers. I bet Phelps is itching to can Beall, who is NOT talented; her scripts suck the weenie. I want Linda Schreiber to get more scripts.

Although, i'm intrigued by the story behind Sally Sussman Morina. She was with HH, but left after several episodes; but she is the wife of Y&R supervising producer, Anthony Morina. I wonder if she and Jill or Josh had a schism. Sally briefly worked for Jill on Another World as a script writer. I'd love to see Sally as co-headwriter. What does everyone else think?

Archived