2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sony updated the Y&R credits page:

http://www.theyounga...ion-credits.php

• Sally McDonald is back to directing only, and no longer a producer
  • Habib Azar, Angela Tessinari, and Andrew Lee are no longer listed as directors
  • Jay Gibson no longer listed as a "Consulting Producer," but still credited as a breakdown writer
  • Mandy Carucci is the new Writer's Assistant
  • Erica Chavez is Jill's Assistant
  • Looks like Beth Milstein was fired completely
  • Mary O'Leary joins as a producer (though with just a "Producer" credit, not a "Supervising Producer" credit)
  • Hogan Sheffer (ugh!) is still credited as Co-Head Writer, but his contract is up next month, so who really knows his status at this point

• Members

Funnily enough, I'm not massively fond of Dean LaMont's directing efforts either.

In response to this, unless JFP sees value in pre-LML production, then I'd say come Christmas, the show will look and sound completely different to anything before. Shame in some instances, as I'm fond of some of the 70/80/90/early 00's scores sometimes employed. For example, the score used this week at the end of the 16/10/12 episode, when Jack wanted the siblings dim to call Victor.

And before I forgot, Y&RWorldTurner mentioned they may be going for a 'gothic' type look. I have seen elements of this in the lighting, the camera work/angles and in some of the 'eerie' music employed (step forward last scene of today's episode).

I also caution people not to only see change now because they know the new regime is in charge... I'm guessing this last sentence is in the wrong thread. Haha

• Members

LaMont is very hit and miss, but he's native to the show and worked his way up there, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

With Mike Denney, Sally McDonald, Noel Maxam, and now Owen Renfroe on staff - Y&R has a first-rate contract directing team again. They just needed someone with some taste to bring out the best in these people.

I don't know how much longer Denney will stay, he's almost 70 and lives in Oklahoma now. He tends to fly in to direct his episodes in chunks, who knows how long he'll keep that schedule up at his age.

• Administrator

Nice!

Was Angela listed before? I thought she was just freelancing.

If Foster came back the Y&R directing staff would be complete. She's part of the "Fab Four".

I've always wondered why AMC didn't bring him when they moved to the west. He was their lead director for such a long time and he was willing to move to the west coast.

I've always appreciated Y&R's crew that worked their way up (it was the "Y&R way").

We all knew that was coming. LOL Wonder who he'll be replacing and who will take his spot at GH (probably Gary Donatelli or Sonia B. who have already directed a couple of eps).

Phil Sogard is 79 and is still directing at DAYS. LOL I think Herb Stein is in his 70's too.

Archived