2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Muhney posted a pic of Griffith's first script on Twitter yesterday.

Looks like Sheffer either remains Co-HW, or was demoted to a standard AHW (for now or until his contract is up in November). Noel Maxam is directing Griffith's first episode, Janice Ferri Esser is the SW, and Paula Cwikly is the breakdown writer.

Looks like Brent Boyd replaced Marla Kanelos, as a standard AHW.

http://twitter.com/#...2Fs%2F242025916

• Members

As we've not heard anything about Josh having a Co-HW, I'm going to assume Sheffer was demoted to an AHW position, Natalie Minardi Slater keeps her position as the other AHW, and Brent Boyd was given the Script Editor position.

I assume Milstein was fired outright.

And Jill hasn't brought Mary O'Leary over, at least not yet...

• Administrator

Wow, that's pretty surprising that a newcomer to daytime was given the script editor position, if Boyd is indeed the SE. Maybe Paula was promoted to AHW and Janice was given the script editor position? That would make more sense since Janice knows the history of the show and edited the show before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I never understood how some fans always rooted for Natalie vs. Jess, because they felt that Viki favored Jess. Natalie pulled some nasty stunts in her day, and Viki did raise Jess and had a stronger connection and history with her, which of course sucked for Natalie, but it was what it was.

Erica and Dorian could do no wrong in my book.

• Members

I looked Brent Boyd up and noticed he tweeted last Monday a promise that Y&R would get better in response to a viewer's tweet that "Hope Burns Eternal." I don't know what better means to him but he did say that this week's episodes of Hollywood Heights are really good and I haven't seen what's really good so far. He says Thursday is his favorite episode of all 80 so I will have to wait and see tomorrow whether his favorite is any good.

Archived