2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For all the faults that MarDar had on DAYS, I think they brought on some talented writers such as Watts. I'm a little uneasy about how the writing team is shaping up under Tomlin/Whitesell to be honest.

That's true, and Sheffer was lucky to have a majority of those writers at ATWT when he first started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So the great Richard Culliton wrote the script that helped DAYS win the writing award at the Daytime Emmys. It's criminal that he's only written 22 scripts from October 2011 to May 2012, while Lacey Dyer wrote 25 scripts, Roger Schroeder wrote 23 scripts, and David Levinson wrote 30 scripts. I have nothing against Lacey, Roger or David, but there's no way they should be getting more scripts than Richard freakin Culliton. DAYS needs to restructure Richard's contract, so Richard can get 4-6 scripts a month! And no, I am not his agent. :)

With two writing regimes in 2011, that meant 22 writers were on the ballot - I think that is the most to ever win an emmy, just beating the 21 writers that ATWT had for the 2002 emmys.

• Members

Toups: Janet Iacubuzio posted a great pic from emmys of DOOL writers who attended and won. I recognize most. except the two women and guy on the left. Was that Rick Draughon who accepted? I think the others in the pic are from right, Ryan, Richard, Carolyn, Elizabeth, Rick, David, Janet then ?? Tyler Topits, Jeanne Ford and Lacy Dyer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My Y&R writer predictions now that MAB is out.

Out:

Jay Gibson: friend of Maria's whom she hired during writer's strike

Beth Milstein/Anne Schoettle: post MAB writer strike hires who had worked on B&B

Marla Kanelos: Post strike MAB hire based on her AMC fixation

Staying:

Paula Cwikly.ficore status, fav of Sony

Natalie Slater/Janice Esser. I don't think Josh will touch these folks.Natalie made it through LML firings and JEF was brought back by MAB but held in layover by Brad Bell.

Amanda Beall. Everyone loves Mandy Beall; they think she's the female Patrick Mulcahey....she's not but she's risen fast and if Y&R dumped her, Carlivati would probably pick her up

Dansby: lone African American writer on staff. Staying

Coming

Michael Conforti: went ficore for ABC/Phelps; she's guided his career. If he wants a job he probably has one at Y&R

Meg Bennett: she is Guza's wife; she has a big Y&R/BB history and she knows Griffith well

Sally Morina: Phelps hired her as scriptwriter at AW; she's married to Tony Morina and she has a long history with Y&R; she would be breakdowns and story contributer, not co-headwriter

And one or two of the unknown writers from HH are bound to show up.

• Administrator

I think he'll be gone too.

It would be low of Griffith to get rid of her after she helped him out during the strike.

Man, I hope these two stay. They, especially Janice, have such a long history with the show.

They think she's the female Mulcahey? blink.png Who thinks that? And why would Carlivati pick her up? He brings in his own OLTL people.

That's a good bet.

I think Griffith having her on staff at HH is a sign she'll be back at Y&R.

• Administrator

Yeah it was Rick who accepted.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/days-of-our-lives-best-writing-team-attends-the-39th-annual-news-photo/146943745

From left to right:

Julia Layton, Tyler Topits, Janet I., David Levinson, Rick Draughon, Roger Schroeder, Fran Myers, Lacey Dyer, Ryan Quan, Richard Culliton, Carolyn Culliton.

• Members

Who wrote today's (7/30) General Hospital script? Not only was it godawful ("I haven't told anybody that I'm Joseph Mitchell Scully the third" / "Sam put her live baby in the planter... You took Sam's live baby and switched it with Tea's dead infant"), there were no writing/directing credits.

Archived