2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assume it's because, as of now (especially for Rupel, who has said he's already completed his writing for GH), they aren't a part of the permanent staff. So, according to GH credits, Rupel and Passanante are only listed for the episodes they write.

• Members

I realize that Peapack was an eyesore and the stories were a mess but I could swear GL's last year had much better continuity and dialogue than anything FV/RC have done at OLTL or GH. I know it's not true but it just feels like no one even tries.

• Members

You're not too far off the mark, Carl. Many GUIDING LIGHT fans agree the Peapack Experiment became more tolerable (although, not by much, I would add) once Jill Lorie Hurst became co-HW. As long as David Kreizman was sole HW, it was simply unwatchable.

• Members

Great news...we love Fran Myers....Toups: is it true that Gialanella was brought in to retool the last three months or so of MarDar stories and he will go once Tomlin/Whitesell start? I also assume that Dyer/Schroeder will be out to make room for Ford. Tomlin worked with four scriptwriters during Higly, with Quan writing an occasional script. I doubt Tomlin will go with 8 script writers. Meng recently friended Trent Jones and Fred Johnson. I wonder if they were up for the headwriter roles. And he facebooked liked Joanna Cohen and Melissa Salmons. Could they come about as scriptwriters?

• Administrator

I don't think Victor G was brought it to retool anything. I think he's friends with Marlene/Darrell and they wanted to work with him again. Yeah, Tomlin worked with smaller number of SWs because Richard Culliton got a ton a scripts, which of course I didn't mind since he's one of the best.

• Members

Sony have updated the writers list for Days.

Gary Tomlin, Christopher Whitesell

Lorraine Broderick, Rick Draughon, Christopher Dunn, Ryan Quan, Dave Ryan, Fran Myers,

Richard Culliton, Carolyn Culliton, Jeanne Marie Ford, Janet Iacobuzio, David A. Levinson, Melissa Salmons

• Administrator

Damn! I was hoping Sony wouldn't update the list so quickly. Now I only got one tidbit for June. And I was planning to spread the DAYS additions/departures over June and July.

The surprise non-addition is Michelle Poteet Lisanti. I wonder if she retired.

Archived