December 12-16, 2011

Toups

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never said it deserves to be cancelled. I just wanted to know why it I didn't. It's hard for me to swallow this "it rebounds" pill, because a rebound doesn't mean it's holding ratings, nor does it mean it's gaining or building on them. It means there's surges. AMC had that too. I guess I'm just having a hard time finding reasons that all these attempts to save Days are continuous wanted by the fans, when they've seen nothing change, and why AMC etc. were just like, "Eh, go." Days isn't holding their rebounds. Stunts, gimmicks, etc. aren't working. Nothing they've tried over the last few years has fixed the problems. <---To me that sounds more like AMC than people want to admit.

• Members

DAYS end date is hard to predict b/c I thought would be cancelled five years ago and its still hanging around. Their latest effort to try and spike up the ratings with this reboot shows a sign that they were doing all they could to get those ratings up but the show is really boring although I don't find the writing to be bad right now its just too boring and unsuspenseful. The Salem U storyline is the only time the show felt interesting to watch.

I think DAYS' licensing fee has become cheap enough for NBC to keep around all of these years but its unpredictable if they will keep it around after 2013.

• Members

I will be sad to see DAYS go because all the components for a great show are still there. It´s just so frustrating becasue almost any fan on any board could write so much more interesting and captivating stories, yet Corday´s complet mismanagement screws the show again and again. What worse we were almost there so many times. Brash/Cwikley were doing fairly well, but Corday fired them because he trusted Higley more. It resulted into a catastrophy and he was forced to give full power to tired and burned-out Reilly. Few years later he finally found a courage to fire Wyman and replace him with Scott as EP and it seemed like Sheffer/Scott duo finally has a winning formula for DAYS in fall 2007 but the strike happened and for whatever reason we got Higley back again.

It´s true DAYS miraculously always survives but when you ask fans what they have from it the answers is very little. It´s so hard to even name some successfull, popular stories in the last five or so years. People are still rewatching the old stories on youtube but nobody will ever rewatch RafeII or Nightime hope or Santos or Touch the Sky. And that´s stories which actually had a luck to have some begginning, middle and end. Most of the viewers are lucky to get few scenes here and there because their favorites are in "stories" which are rewritten, canceled in the middle or simply forgotten.

The reboot was a good idea because the only viewers soaps can get nowaydays are ex-viewers. People who still has a sentimental connection to the show and its characters and are willing to overlook the ultra-cheap production and tons of plot holes just to see them again. But not even they can afford the luxury to invest so much time into the show when a) it treats their returning favorites as glorified extras, B) it puts them into the same overplayed story which made them finally turn it off in the first place, c) it combines both. People really wanted to trust MarDar and Meng this time will be different but they haven´t delivered. The show is still the same mess as when Higley wrote it, it´s just different mess and much more expensive.

• Members

I'm not sure any show with Sheffer has a winning formula. He kills anything a soap ever represents, he hates female characters, he can't write for men, he can't pace, he can't end stories, and the damage he did still hangs over DAYS years later.

• Members

Despite how a lot of people feel, I still enjoy DAYS, as I've survived worse , much much worse as a younger viewer.(Touch The Sky, etc...)

There are some still some interesting actors left that I tune in for, and I'd rather watch boring DAYS over evenmyantidepressantsdonfmakethisshowwatchable GH.

Archived