OLTL: SoapNET Marathon On New Years Day

• Members

So what's the official date on uninterrupted archived episodes of OLTL? Anyone have even a general idea? I find it hard to believe that that first Daytime to Remember episode of Kevin's birth magically survived, there must be more from around that time.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you know why they replaced the brunette little Sarah with Hayden? Hayden was always such an overly cutesy child actress, way too sugary. The other Sarah was more natural.

It's interesting finally seeing the end of the Powell/Todd story (I know it was on Youtube I just never cared about seeing it). I've heard comments before that Sean Moynihan/Powell was a bad actor, but I don't see any real difference between him and Howarth, who was already stuck in his usual mannerisms by this time.

It cracked me up that the beat cop with Andy and Bo had such perfect and freshly blow-dried hair.

So they were mentioning Manzo by this time. One of those wasted characters, played by the great Matt Servitto...

• Members

Courtney Chase, the brunette Sarah, played Kennedy on the last season of Blossom (1994-1995), the young daughter of Blossom's new stepmother (who was played by Finola Hughes). I'm assuming that's why she left and they got Hayden in her place.

I can't help it, I have a special place in my heart for Hayden. She was the first actor or actress I found out was born the same year as me when I was younger (1989--she's about 6 months younger than me), and I always thought she was very talented for her young age. I'm glad that she has not only found greater success, but that in many ways she's Hollywood's "Anti-Lindsay Lohan." VERY proud of her smile.png .

The bipolar nature of Sarah's hair color does amuse me, though laugh.png .

• Members

I liked what little I've seen of her (mostly from the Todd/Blair wedding episode), although I thought Justis Bolding was alright, too.

I should also mention that Hayden played the daughter of two of my favorite soap couples (Cord & Tina on OLTL, and Phillip & Beth on GL), so I give her extra points for that, too laugh.png .

• Members

Totally. She went from looking like Cord to Tina, and Hayden really did look like Krista in the face. I have to say, I'm team Courtney. She was absolutely adorable. But oh my, do you remember her first episode of Blossom were they had her doing an English accent to sound like Finola's daughter? They dropped that real quick. She sounded like Hermione Gingold on helium with a mouth full of whipped cream.

Of course Sarah went back to the dark hair with "Flash".

• Members

I actually only saw Blossom a few times in the late 90s, when I'd see the reruns before Full House, but I do kind of remember her not having a British accent at all. But I did recognize her and her name later when I saw that she had played Sarah.

Speaking of which, some pictures I've seen of early CJ before Tyler Noyes had him as dark haired, too.

And just HOW MANY young Al Holdens did they have when he was a kid? He went from blonde to dark brown to light brown to--they had A LOT of Als, with A LOT of hair colors! laugh.png

• Members

The only reason I didn't like Flash was because she was trying to 'get with' a member of her family. Not a pseudo member either (like if they were to try to get Rex with Jess or something. Because, they are totally not blood relatives) But, with her aunt's child. Her first cousin! Incest is not a good idea writers! It's just not a good idea!

• Members

One of many sacrificed for Todd, although in this case it was not so much of a destruction, as Powell had been involved in the gang rape. It was more annoying to me when he and Zach were brought back to remind us that someone else had raped Marty. Of course, what RC didn't seem to care about was that Zach and Powell both paid a price for their continued evil, while Todd got rewarded for it, spending years falling asleep standing up while various characters did a fan dance around him.

Manzo was a dirty cop who sold guns in Angel Square and framed dumbass Andy for it.

Archived