OLTL: SoapNET Marathon On New Years Day

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched through the episode where Viki caught Dorian and Joey together. So far I think they did a poor job of showcasing the history of the show. I unfortunately didn't record the 1888 episode so I can't comment on that. Otherwise, I don't think the episodes they picked represented each era well. Karen on the witness stand was actually a great episode, but I'd like to see something else to represent it as well. Maybe early Tina/Viki or Tina/Irene or something focused on Viki or Dorian from than time period. And to skip to 1987 makes absolutely no sense. I think the Buchanan's and Dorian had a lot of good stuff.

Then the episode with Tina over the falls had that great moment, but maybe something from the build up so we could actually enjoy Tina would be more interesting. Or something once she was washed ashore. Or an episode with Maria vs Tina or something. The episode where Megan died was a terrible choice out of context. Also, considering it's being revisited, I'd have enjoyed an episode with the original Fraternity Row story. The 90s choices in general were strange. No Marty rape episode? The big Bo and Nora episode they pick is from 2010 when they had so much great story in the 90s? I actually think they did a very good job picking episodes for the 00s.

Of course I'm grateful for anything, but I don't think this was as focused as the AMC marathons. I felt that really showcased strong single episodes for people (like myself) that didn't follow the show as closely as others. I don't think if I didn't know OLTL I'd be that impressed. They'd have been better off to pick a true theme and split the marathon into two parts, like AMC. I'd have done one day with Viki and Dorian highlights both together and separate. Then do another more general marathon similar to what we ended up getting.

ETA:

I also meant to say, I thought Krista Terseau was adorable as Tina. I really enjoyed her from what I saw. I liked her a lot more than Karen Witter. I think she had more of the Tina spirit. Witter seemed just so dull and I can't see her being as FUN as Andrea Evans. Both were a huge fail on a physical level though. Didn't look like Tina at all.

Archived