OLTL tribute on the View

• Members

I love "Can You Stop the Rain" and 'If Ever You're in My Arms Again". I posted about this in an old soap themes thread we had going for a while, but "If Ever You're in My Arms Again" was heavily featured in the first episode of Santa Barbara for Joe and Kelly's reunion. The song made such a strong impression that the tune with new lyrics became the theme for SB in France.

Original:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

French SB theme:

Mr. Bryson singing the OLTL theme on the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4ZEt8vbVc

I really love from 1:57 on out, "Now second chances!", "One turn around!". He and Gospel great Daryl Coley remind me of one another, those awesome tenors. And oof, them clothes were butt even in 1987. Looks more like how a costume designer would parody the eighties in a modern show. That barfing blue cotton candy abomination. nbe.jpg

• Members

He was briefly kinda big on the pop charts--wasn't his pop version of A Whole New World for Aladdin--with Regina someone--a hit too (albeit not as big as Beauty and the Beast which really broke Celine into the English language pop scene). Very much adult contemporary pop, and then he seems to have fallen into sorta easy listening jazz...

Ha I used to watch Santa Barbara in French--I had no idea that was him!

I admit I used to be a bit bafled by the love of the OLTL theme with fans--but I came to OLTL pretty much right after the Satin Sheets opening happened. I get that a lot of it is nostalgia, and it is very catchy (and perhaps fits the Paul Rauch camp era well). The theme was just synth with no vocals for a year or so at first, right? I give credit to whoever wrote the vocal melody for some clever counterpoint melody, even if those lyrics really don't make much sense--and yes I've grown to love it. But when people suggest it make a comeback I do kinda wonder what planet they're on ;)

I assumed (as I mentioned in another thread as well as here) that Peabo now did smooth , easy listening jazz. He's by far the most mainstream artist I know of on a fairly good Jazz version of Sondheim songs that came out ten+ years back--singing with the *wonderful* Nancy Wilson one of my favorite Sondheim songs Loving You

• Members

Eric, that's not him singing the French version though. Yeah, he had two great radio hits with Disney in the nineties. He had a real bad drug problem back in the day as I understand it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Robin again. It's been years now, but she co-hosted on The View when she came back to the show her last time. I've always wanted to see it, sorry that I missed it.

• Members

SID posted this pic on their FB page:

bff2083db57745ec6e16e8ee6f24f5c0

• Members

I had to laugh when I saw Whoopi Goldberg, who does not give a sh!t about these soaps - I don't mind that, because she never says or does anything wrong, she's just kind of there, but it made me laugh.

At least Baba isn't around.

It's nice to see Robin again one last time - I miss her in these last episodes.

Archived