OLTL tribute on the View

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am going to keep hoping she's going to be there and then maybe she will be...maybe one of the newer cast members can fall through a trap door and she's in their place after a commercial break.

I'm glad Judith Light will be there - I didn't think she would be.

• Members

I tend to believe the story I heard about her refusal to do the show, which is that she didn't like the material. I have a feeling they planned to do some bullshit with Aubrey/Christine. That would have been fine as a small sideline, one or two scenes to highlight that link to the Katrina story, but the meat of her story should have been with Viki and company. I would have happily enjoyed seeing Karen come in and save the day somehow here.

In all seriousness, I'm of two minds about Holly. I am thrilled she got the cover of SOD with everyone else, and I deeply empathize with what she went through, and I think Carla or other Halls should be on the show today. But I thought EH's last missive was really just sad to read and very embittered and ill-conceived, and I think far more than anything she attributed to Agnes Nixon, she's actually unfairly put down her own indelible contribution to the show and its history. It just seems like a waste of precious time to do this now when there is a lot of audience that remembers and respects her. I'd have sooner seen her and Al Freeman stroll through the hospital with a gaggle of grandkids next week, touring the place with Dr. Larry and wishing well to Viki and Clint.

• Members

There's a tendency from the show to mostly just remember the campier stuff. Judith being famous outside of OLTL is probably the biggest reason she was asked back. I'm hoping that she will mention Michael in her interview.

• Members

The marathon was a wonderful gesture/the least they could do (I don't think I need to be charitable to a soap opera network where such should be a no-brainer), but SoapNet should have also done some sort of special, like the AW reunion or AMC anniversary one. There can never be "too much" as long as things don't get repetitive. The SoapNet one could have been something more in line with what Cheap was talking about, highlights and memories from various cast members who wouldn't necessarily be "The View-worthy". Oh well, hopefully The View special will be very well-done and satisfying.

• Members

This is something I've been thinking about for awhile regarding this subject:

How AWESOME would it be if they started playing the Peabo Bryson theme from 1984-1991 during the show, maybe even have Peabo himself sing it to the cast? You KNOW the entire audience would be singing along to it.

That would probably be the greatest moment of my life. Well, one of them, anyway smile.png .

Of course, I'd accept this at the Emmys this year, too.

Archived