OLTL tribute on the View

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Barbara Walters isn't there. Remember Erika joking, "She doesn't even say 'Hi' to us in the hallway!" when the The View hosts wished her well? :lol:

It sure would. I would die if they worked in a fashion show while he sang.

• Members

Baba thankfully sat out of the last AMC one so I hope she does again. She is so insultingly condescending to soaps in general (and going on about how HER show will never get old...), and during the AMC Anniversary episode she treated Agnes Nixon--hardly much older than her--like this silly old drunk great grandma at a party to be tolerated with grins and pats on the head.

If they do have Peabo (is he even still around? Last I heard him he popped up very randomly ten years back on a Sondheim Jazz album--I didn't know he was jazz...) I wanna see the cast all dance around to it--we know from the Snoop episodes what fine dancers they are...

• Members

Peabo Bryson. He sang the OLTL theme ("Here's what you do when you don't find the rainbow's end...") from 1987-1991 (it was their 1984-1991 theme, but the lyrics were only put onscreen in about 1987). It was probably the most iconic theme the show ever had--so many fans loved it, and I think many of them would love him showing up and singing it to the cast (and the audience would TOTALLY sing along).

Here's the full version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0o3xxAkcU

• Members

If Peabo makes an appearance, I will die. That would be so awesome! I agree, I can see everyone in the audience (and perhaps my girl Agnes) getting up to groove to that smooth 80's magic.

Man, I miss Peabo being a mainstream artist. His version of Beauty and the Beast with Celine Dion stills gives me the chills.

He must of loved the ABC soaps. I remember he and Tonya Pinkins sang a duet on AMC when Tom and Livia tied the knot.

Archived