OLTL tribute on the View

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We said to keep checking back here for more OLTL alum announcements, and today we're very excited to announce that Bob Woods (longtime police chief Bo Buchanan) and Robin Strasser (Viki Lord's arch nemesis Dr. Dorian Lord) will both be appearing.

http://theview.abc.go.com/blog/two-more-one-life-live-cast-members-added-our-tribute-show

• Members

If you could pick 10 stars past or present to appear on this who would you choose? For me it would be:

1. Erika Slezak

2. Robin Strassor

3. Bob Woods

4. Andrea Evans

5. John Loprieno

6. Kassie Depaiva

7. Florencia Lozano

8. Trevor St. John

9. Judith Light

10. James Depaiva

• Members

She was treated very poorly by Rauch, but Agnes Nixon maintains that her Clara/Sadie story is the one she's most proud of. She asked Ellen to appear along with Susan Lucci at her Hall of Fame induction to represent her work (Ellen declined, as she did an invitation to appear for the show's 25th anniversary), but she did appear in Agnes Nixon's Intimate Portrait.

• Members

Yes, but I'd still like to see her interviewed about the show. I think Whoopi might ask some interesting questions, and it would be nice to see the ABC soaps politely called out for their ugly bigotry over the last few decades. She also has a very interesting life which I'd rather hear about compared to the rapists and their harem.

• Members

When they had the AMC moves to California show, Whoopi asked questions she wanted that had little to do with the script, so I hoped the same could happen again.

They wouldn't even need to talk about the way she was treated - I'd mostly just like to see her acknowledged, along with Michael Storm, as they both seem to be totally forgotten.

• Members

I care about Ellen Holly, and I always have. I think it's a very glaring mark on the show that they have never redressed the wound at the heart of the show by disposing of the actress and the characters surrounding her own. Though Holly has twice refused to reappear or continue the character, the least that could have been done is to bring back the family itself with a new character or two, but sadly that's never happened, excepting JFP's brief flirtation with tokenism and Jared Hall. I would've asked her back once more for the end, even if she said no. It always ground my gears that any time the show had an anniversary or event in the last decade or so, they would trot out pictures and clips of the Carla Gray story and the Woleks, but utterly refused to deal in the issue that they have completely disposed of these characters on which many of their classic moments were built.

Judging by recent pictures from an event here in New York she's still in decent shape despite being in, I think, her eighties. I'd love to see her appear on The View, but I highly doubt they would have even thought to ask. I'm hoping Judith Light sends a tape or something. Michael Storm, too.

• Members

I agree that Storm should get some kind of acknowledgment, if not on The View then on the show. I just think its asking too much to want Ellen Holly to expose herself to that atmosphere. Nobody (other than Whoopi) would want to hear what she has to say. Those people want to see rainbows and unicorns, nothing else. Let everybody have their "Gone With the Wind" day. No need to mess it up with talk of "Roots." These fans don't care. They want to hear about the rapists and their harems.

ETA: I will say that I would like it if Tim Stickney could be there even though I know that's impossible. There's something about the thought of Whoopi and Stickney on the same stage that just makes me think people would be looking for the fire exits. LOL! But really RJ and Dorian together again would be gold.

Archived