Days: Coming Out In Salem

John

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally buy that WIll lashes out by drinking and attacking everyone. I was in complete denial and was a total douche to everyone around at the same time that I turned to pot and vodka to numb what I was feeling. It happens a LOT this way, and I'm glad that MarDar aren't sugarcoating it.

I just find it funny though, that when there's not enough news/movement in the story, people complain, and when they finally reveal juicy tidbits and tease what huge happenings are in the near future, the same people complain again. What do you want them to do? Have Will walk up to Sonny and play with his Christmas bulbs at the Horton Tree Trimming?

• Members

I think whats more jarring is how uneven the pacing is. This stuff started under the old writers run and they had stuff began and end and now months later we are still very much in the beginning stages of this story. You have stuff like Maggie's baby ordeal going at rapid pace and this slow as molasses. This story feels like its in its own time warp and just doesnt seem to keep up with the rest of the show. I wish there was a bit more consistency bc its clearly not much of a focus for the show

• Members

I'm glad this storyline is finally developing, and it does sound good, but I think they reveal way too much. Hints and teasers would be good (i.e. "EJ becomes involved in Will's secret", "Sonny witnesses Will in a compromising position" etc.) but all-out bullet-mark plot point progression takes away any surprise. And a 2-and-1/2-month story advance? I would've given us teasers for Decembers and hints for what's to come in the new year. JMO.

• Members

This sounds very plot-driven. I guess this is more of Will as the new Sami, even though I've never really seen anything Sami-ish in the time I've watched (although I certainly haven't watched every day). The problem with all this edginess is that it's going to stop when he's actually near another man - it's all about the angst and agony and shame of being gay, not about actual relationships with other men. I wonder if we will even see this kiss or if we will just see Sonny making a shocked facial expression.

• Members

Exactly. They're excited about it because it's happening in their world now, but it's three months off for us.

Also, I sincerely believe that Corday/Meng/whoever pulled back on this story when they changed writers, because Higley had some insane plan that they did NOT want to happen. So it's been in a holding pattern for months.

Oh, please. There is no "after dark" in Salem. It's all daylight, all the time!

Archived