OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 28

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This bothers me a bit too. I thought it was great hopw they did his death--and then to have the ho0liday break, and have him come back in the next ten minutes just felt a bit like a "WTF" to me. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, because I like Matthew and didn't want him dead, but it felt manipulative to me and not int he way I want soaps to be. As others have said they should have changed his narration to "That was the day I died... for 30 seconds! Fooled you!"

• Members

I don't really have a problem with that ending, it was a cliffhanger, a damn good one judging by our reactions (emotionally manipulative, stirring up our ire having missed Matthew for so long and the show coming to an end). I think the thing is, it was one of those attempts to do a very primetime/film-like stand alone episode. But as we all know with soaps (to borrow from Peabo) "there's always tomorrow, where you can have a second chance". I can imagine an episode of Grey's Anatomy or whatever where a young boy narrates and has that "the day I died" line at the end and that really being the end of it.

• Members

im disgusted with the way Todd is trying to manipualte his own son. Jack suffered when his real father was killed, which Todd did, yet he lies to Jack's face everytime he talks about it knowing how much pain he has caused him. Now he's set Tomas up and trying to turn Jack against him knowing damn well he isnt guilty. He's a despeciable person and I hope Jack goes after him even harder when he learns the truth. That will definetly hurt him deeply and shame on Todd for messing with that kid's head and emotions. He really should have the decency to just stay away from Jack at this point

He was blamed the moment it happened. He's an easy scapegoat

Archived