GH - Another Actor on his way out?

• Members

Is GH Losing Another Spencer?

Nathan5.jpg

Hot on the heels of the news that Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) will leave GENERAL HOSPITAL the week of December 19, comes word that another Spencer could be flying the coop! Nathan Parsons, who debuted as Ethan in January 2009, is finally involved in a major story after years on the backburner... but his contract is up early in 2012, and he's not sure what his plans are! "The timing's not the best," he says in the latest issue of TV Guide. "I guess we'll have to sit down and talk." Will Ethan's mysterious, new romance with Wyndemere's woman in white be enough to convince his portrayer to stay? While a rep for the show had no comment, co-stars whisper that the actor hasn't had a story since day one, and this could be a case of too little, too late.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2011/11/is-gh-losing-another-spencer.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not much left for him after ruining not one but three potential love interests for him - and in this business those without a love interest don't get squat.

Sad to see the Spencers picking themselves off one by one, my only hope is if TG goes than JE goes quickly afterwards - or preferably with him - taking one of the greatest families in GH's history off the canvas almost completely.

• Members

I am not sure why the show was so invested in this character other than Tony Geary. He was oddly better to watch once they got him away from him. I know Lexi looked very young and that was a real problem but I thought the actors were very natural together and was one of the few potential pairings that seemed organic on this show in years. I am sure they will try to keep him with Jonathan Jackson leaving. Why no clue.

• Members

I thought he shined with Annie Ilonzeh (Maya) last year and into this year. That's when I liked Ethan the most. Overall I was up & down with my feelings on Ethan, I really didn't care for him in the beginning but he grew on me. I thought Nathan Parsons improved a lot in the last last year. These days though, we have him & Ethan in this awful storyline of him obsessing over a painted portrait of Laura. Overall, I don't think I'll miss him much.

• Members

Same here, but when I realized that Ethan and Kristina were one of my favorite couples and my main reason for watching GH, I knew the show was sunk. Not because there is anything wrong with either of them, but it just shows how far this show has fallen. There is so little to like. If Ethan goes, I'll be watching for Tracy, Luke, Monica, Maxie and Spinelli. 10 years ago, I was still watching for the whole show. Sad.

Archived