OLTL: Character not returning for ABC finale

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF? I suppose since Max doesn't have any real family connections left on the show there isn't too much for him to come back to... but you'd think with Gabrielle and Tina around that he could at least make an appearance!

And considering KDP is ON the show already I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to get him back...

Missed opportunity!

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hated Luna and as I've said before, relished Max & Blair ripping off each other's clothes and throwing each other around that hotel room in Atlantic City.

I LOVE Jim DePaiva and think Max is the greatest male character of all-time on OLTL (step aside, Todd).

I'm kinda sorta surprised about the JFP thing, considering I LOVED Max faking the brain tumor and pretending to be Asa & Renee's son. JDP did some powerful work with Pat Elliot in that storyline and I just loved every minute of Max trying to swindle Asa. He and Phil Carey were always so great together.

I always thought that the tail end of her tenure and then the next regime is when Max stopped being Max and became overly domesticated and boring.

• Members

The end of her tenure was when Blair shot him in the back and then Gabrielle returned and they had that story about Asa faking his death and it was all so botched that the show then dropped Max/Gabrielle like a hot potato. That was also the story which said Max had been a deadbeat father and not paid a penny for Al's upbringing, which was awful.

Tomlin started that, although he did Roxy/Max, which I enjoyed a lot.

Most of JFP's stories for Max seemed to revolve around how many women could be easily degraded, although that's never very difficult with Kelly or Blair or Skye, sadly.

The problem with Max was they never how to adjust to him as a middle-aged man.

I think giving him children with Luna was a mistake, and was done from a fanboy point of view (Malone adored Luna), not from a character point of view.

Archived