Rachael Ray

Daphne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I get so excited waiting to hear how she'll end her episodes. She always does this ridiculous little tag to go with the theme of her show. On the day she made (allegedly) Moroccan food, she said something like: "Keep it simple, keep it sweet, keep it FROM MOROCCA, and always keep it semi-homemade." The first three always vary, and almost inevitably it's something mind-blowingly stupid.

Yeah, I like her a lot! She makes a totally different style of food than I'm used to or than I cook, but I still enjoy watching her show. The food does look good, too!

I like Giada de Laurentiis, too -- she does "Everyday Italian." My family's Italian, so practically everything she makes it something I was raised with and drool over.

• Members

So am I the only one that loves Sandra Lee? Im not getting the hate.

Oh I hate Paula Dean! I didnt know that was her name till know. Sorry but Im from NY and the accent just kills me...lol

Yes Barefoot Contessa, tone gets to me too. She's so bad and she can really mess up a good meal. She's so bad yet me and my sister watch her everyday, mostly to poke fun. She tells the corniest jokes, yet we still watch...lol

• Members

Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) ... I don't hate her, but something about her/her show is hilarious to me. The title is funny enough, but she has that creepy "soothing" way of speaking, and she always has these hilarious little setup situations for why she's cooking. The whole thing is just sort of NOT NORMAL.

• Members

Okay ... who is this chick? Is she doing some show with NBC? Is that why Access Hollywood keeps throwing her around like she's supposed to be famous? She's on a food channel. So were the two fat ladies, it's nothing to brag about.

• Members

I love Ina! I think she's adorable...but I mean hey, she's definitely a wasp. Her show is corny (esp. the music - its so tinny and awful, but it makes me laugh every time) but her receipes are great.

She's got a beautiful house/kitchen/garden too...the best setup of all the cooks, in my opinon anyway.

• Members

This is great. I love the Food Network! LoL

The hot dude (Dave Lieberman) is just worth watching, whether his food tasted like hell or not. He makes me drool.

To answer the question though, I love Rachel Ray! She's got such a bubbly personality. I also love the way she uses her hands when she talks, LoL. The only thing that I don't understand, though, is how she uses the term "EVOO" for "extra virgin olive oil," and then goes on to say that EVOO means extra virgin olive oil. Wouldn't it be simpler to skip the EVOO and just say extra virgin olive oil from the start? LoL I love her other phrases though. Spoonula! SPOONULA! I love it. And 'stoup', for a stew/soup combination.

Paula Dean rocks. She reminds me of my grandma. "Now I'm gonna add a pinch of salt, y'all. This is gonna be outta this world! To die for!" Everything is outta this world to her, LoL.

And I also love Giada. I think she's just gorgeous. She's stunning. And something about watching her grate cheese turns me on.

What do you guys think about Tyler Florence? I think that "How To Boil Water" is another good show that actually makes food I could see myself trying to prepare.

One !@#$%^&*] that I hate though, absolutely hate, is Sara Moulton! Just looking at her, her whole aura screams !@#$%^&*]!

• Members

WTF is Ina Garten? My little sister thought she misspelled In A Garden...lol. And whats up with the "Barefoot" before Contessa. You're right her setups are not normal...lol. She's always having some type of dinner party. I laugh at all that extra stuff they throw in there like her friend going to pick up flowers. WHO CARES? And they have the lamest conversations when eating, as if we really need to see them at the dinner table. Oh and the way she laughs gets to me. Its sooo fake

• Members

I think Giada is really pretty.

Bobby Flay is someone who irks me. He comes across as very arrogant. I love it when he loses the Iron Chef American challenges.

Mario Batelli looks like he smells :unsure:

The Barefoot Contessa/Ina Garten is okay with me. But LOL at all the comments about her :lol:

And to whomever commented on Sara Moulton--I agree. She sucks.

• Members
That makes me laugh hysterically every time I watch her. Her new one is "B, L, D, -- breakfast, lunch, and dinner." It's just so odd. Someone upthread mentioned a RR drinking game; my friends and I are working on one of our own. I'm a little worried about alcohol poisoning! :blink:

Bwahaha! Best comment ever!

I watched her show the other day and, while I'm sure she's a great chef, I was bored out of my mind. What's funny is that Food Network seems to be alienating all the "foodie" types who like chefs like Sara Moulton and their shows ... but it's getting to be pretty big among younger people and people who aren't gourmets, who actually respond to cooks like Rachael, Emeril, and Giada.

• Members

Okay, I absolutely can't stand her!! My mom is obsessed with her, but she just annoys the hell out of me! I can't watch her...I just want to smack her. Also, it doesn't help that we have the same first name (except she spells her's differently).

Another person whom I don't like is that Giada girl from Everyday Italian. Hello, she cooks all this great Italian food, but is like the skinniest !@#$%^&*]! Again, this is a person that my mother adores and actually met in September.

I like Iron Chef America, the Barefoot Contessa is okay, I love Paula Dean...even though she fries everything. Emeril's okay...my grandmother loved him. I haven't watched his show since he fried an Oreo though!!! :rolleyes::lol: I almost had a heart attack just looking at it. Molto Mario is okay too...I mean, at least you can tell that he eats his food, unlike Giada. And I really like Bobbie Flay because he's such a cocky bastard, though he doesn't seem to cook his meat enough. Also, the original Iron Chef with the horrible dubbing from Japanese into English. That show is so intense!

Even though she's not on Food Network, I really like Nigella. Also, I love Julia Child, but only because she went to the college that I attend and we had a "Julia Child Day" in November and the food was AMAZING!!

Archived