Rachael Ray

Daphne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a kid, I always thought JC was pretty scary. But my brother got me this book for Christmas -- Julie & Julia by Julie Powell -- about a woman who decided to cook every recipe in Julia Child's French cookbook in one calendar year. It was hilarious, touching, and gave me a new respect for JC. I recommend it highly!

• Members

She doesn't do anything. "Tonight we're making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but your guests don't have to know you only did half the work. Boil water, add the noodles, drain, and mix in the cheese sauce. So easy to do, and YOU get the credit."

Laaaaame.

I love Rachael Ray and her upbeat personality. She always says stuff like "This ROCKS!" that I find realistic.

• Members

LMAO, I agree. Her show's so boring. She just cooks the most boring food, in the most boring way. And she even has a "How To Decorate The Table" segment, with some funky decor that I would never use. This is a cooking show, not a home makeover. Damn!

• Members

OMG I am ROTFLMAO at all of you all's posts! I just started watching The Food Network on a regular basis a few weeks ago (after taking a cooking class in school, which I did NOT sign up for!!!), and I'm familiar with everyone who has been mentioned.

Rachael Ray - I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me. I like her little sayings and phrases, especially EVOO! And omg, the way she says beautiful is so hilarious. BeeYOOTEEful!

Barefoot Contessa - For some reason, I love watching her show. She does seem a little fake, but I just don't know what it is about her show that makes me watch. I don't like it when she's mixing something or chopping something and they show an extremely tight close up of her face and she does this weirdass seductive pose to the camera. Damn that !@#$%^&*] is rich, though.

Sandra Lee - BAHAHAHAHA. I find her so damn hilarious! The funniest part of her show for me is that theme music! I can just picture her clapping her hands and swinging her hips, thinking she's a soul sistah, while in reality, she's making a complete fool out of herself.

Paula Dean - Never really watched her, but being from the South (more south than New Orleans, even!), I get a sense of familiarity when I watch her. I know what she's making most of the time, and I've probably eaten it before.

• Members

I find Rachael Ray annoying, but I can't hate her for some reason. She seems genuine. That VOICE just gets on my nerves. And it makes me laugh how they've sexed her up on her show. Notice when she first started she had the dark hair, turtle necks, more conservative. Now she's got tight stuff on, massive cleavage, highlights, etc. Funny.

• Members

I adore Rachel Ray. What I like about her the most is just her personality. She has such a bubbly persona, I can't wait for her talk show.

Paula is another favorite of mine. I just love the accent, and everything else about her show. She has such a warmth and southern hospitality about her.

Mostly Ray and Dean are my two favorites off of the Food Network, though I don't watch it that much though.

• Members

I see we're dishin' about other Food Network stars as well, so I'll weigh in...

Paula Deen - LOVE her. She is so adorable, and she obviously LOVES her food. I love how she prides herself on making the most fattening stuff, and it always looks damn good. She seems like she's really having fun and natural.

Giada De Laurentis - She must have the most beautiful name ever. Her food always looks delicious. I gotta give props to my fellow Italianista! =D I'm just hoping she has a fast metabolism or something because the girl doesn't look like she actually EATS.

Ina Garten - *GAG* This woman is such a show off. She doesn't come off as natural at all. Oddly enough, I like to watch what she cooks because it usually looks delicious. I laugh when she cooks for her precious "Jeffery". I remember her saying how she always cooks a roast chicken for him on Friday nights. Good for her. Nice to have the time to do that I guess. lol

Sandra Lee - I actually like her show. She makes cute stuff, and it looks easy to do. She's so PERKY! But it annoys me when she talks about her niece "Princess Stefanie". Who cares about your niece? And yeah, her theme song sucks bigtime.

Archived