Executive Producers who don't get their credit

• Members

bbboy u r right about long's comment about holly. i believe it was mentioned in that radio interview of her's about two yrs ago and i agree how much she got GL her second time around and made it enjoyable again. it's almost she revitalized the show again putting more emphasis on characters like roger, holly and ross and little less on reva.

another honorable mention would be ed scott. yes he get's lots of praise from y&r, but people seem to complain about his DOOL! he helped that show in many way's and i just dont think hogan was a writer he wanted to work with. how i wonder the show would have been given a different writer!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

glatwt, I had stopped watching Days before Ed Scott joined, but I think Dena Higley was the one he had problems with. I remember she accused him of having scripts rewritten and I think she either filed, or was going to file a complaint with the witers' guild-I think the guild was angry about it too. After he was fired, he gave an interview with Michael Logan and said he wanted stories told from the character's stand point because you can get so much more stories out of it. He definitely wasn't into gimmicks-one of those old school EP's that could make a soap thrive if he was allowed to do his job.

• Members

poor laurence caso! i never understood the P&G executive shuffle of 95. what did valente and laibson have that caso didn't have?

and why was francesca james not given a fair chance at AMC? the show was top notch at the time! and she was never given the chance at another show. she would have made a great replacement at GH after riche left imo

• Members

Was James fired or did she decide to leave? I know there were conflicting reports about it at the time, but I remember watching her accept AMC's Series Emmy in '98 and she seemed to be very gracious to Burke and to ABC.

Burke's first year at AMC was rough. REALLY REALLY REALLY ROUGH. I credit a lot of that to McTavish (ditto Francesca James's rough patch at the end of her stint). But she did a lot of things that first year to try and help the show like firing Megan McTavish and bringing back Cady McClain (though the talks with McClain began with James IIRC). Once summer of '99 came along, everything started to fire up, the height being 2000. It started with the fantastically produced Crystal Ball/30th Anniversary and ended with Bianca's coming out with a lot of gems in between. The rest of her stint was very solid and well-done, which is why her firing came to a surprise to me. To me, she was AMC's last strong producer.

• Members

I think it was a bad idea to give a struggling AMC to a new EP. I don't think she quite knew what the heart of AMC was, in spite of her longtime experience. The show got very dark and very unpleasant during her time - a lot blame McTavish for this but it started over a year before McTavish returned. I realize Disney deserves blame too, but for me much of 1997 was almost unwatchable.

Caso just paid the price for being a longtime EP. Supposedly Phelps would have gone too but she had it in her contract that she could not be fired at that point. As soon as she could be, she was gone.

• Members

what did caso do to HBS?

bingcherry so glad u share the burke love! she was truely one of the best, i was hooked to her loving/the city and amc and was upset when she was canned. i remember wishing to hear that goutman was out at atwt and that she was in! i kept wishing and wishing lol i really do think she would have been a great fit there! but, what do i know? im the same person who jumped with excitement when behr was announced as exec. producer (shrugs)

• Members

also, an honorable mention needs to made to H. Wesley Kenney. he carried the tourch and kept up after conboy left y&r and was surprised to see him go but we then got scott so it all worked out! he briefly produced GH but im not sure how he was there? does anyone know for sure why he was replaced with tomlin at SB before the show started production? all i hear is he left due to creative diff. not sure if with spelling or nbc. does anyone know facts? i wonder how different the show would have been with kenney. also was nbc or spelling responsable for hiring the exec. producer?

Archived