ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is great news, and the episode selection is excellent!

However, I have an unfortunate feeling that DVD sales of ATWT reruns are going to do very poorly. I base this on the fact that reruns of cancelled soaps have always done so miserably in the past.

Now that I've predicted that DVD sales will be poor (thus making future DVD sets of other P&G soaps unlikely), hopefully some other posters will no longer brush me aside as a "disgruntled and bitter P&G soap fan" for having the "audacity" to predict that the PP online venture with AMC and OLTL will end in failure. (When I make predictions, I just call them like I see them and leave my personal preferences at the door.)

• Members

Thanks for the list I believe I've seen most of these too through first-run, the old defunct WOST site and other clips except for the 1979 episode. Although I'm curious what the 6/18/01 ep was about specifically if I recall right it was around the time Holden was presumed dead on Malta. The only ep I'm don't know I could watch again is the 8/2/99 ep simply because I dunno if I could stomach watching Rosanna and Brad gleefully ruining Hal and Barbara's engagement party. I mean it was a lot of good performances especially by West and Bryggman but the whole thing always left a bad taste in my mouth probably cause I was rooting for Carly all the way...even when she was forced by Julia and Lisa to clean toilets. wacko.png

Anyways, I'll be buying it. I don't expect good sales either but this is really a blessing.

• Members

W O W!!

Count me in. I can't believe this!!!

Steve and Betsy were one of my favorite couples and I loved the Margo and Tom wedding!

So many good things listed! I am like you Ron! They could do without the Luke stuff for me. Afterall that is available on You Tube!

I would like to see the Douglas Cummings story again.

SteveFrame (the late poster,not the character) would have loved something like this!

I wonde if Dusty (Actor87) knows?

• Members

OMFG if this is legit...I really don't know what to say. If this is legit, then that's just incredible/amazing. I wonder how long it took them to put it together if it's to be released tomorrow. Hopefully, it's manufacture-on-demand so that sales won't have to be incredibly high to justify continuing the sets. At a dollar-per-episode, it's an epic bargain, and diehard ATWT/P&G fans should think nothing of ordering!

In the age of YouTube (and WoST before it, and the CBS reruns before that), it's gonna be hard for them to find "big" episodes that haven't been available since their original airing, but this can be just the start of something really amazing that I've been screaming for on this very board for a LONG TIME! I would have liked to see some 1950s-1970s stuff included, but I wonder if they have anything at all from that era in the archives besides grainy kinescopes that wouldn't look too good on DVD.

• Members

The Luke coming out is too recent. I know it was a big occasion for ATWT and daytime but I wouldn't have included it. I would have rather seen some Lucinda/Connor takeover episode or Douglas Cummings story too. I would have loved to have seen Frannie vs Darryl story too. I hope there are some more releases but if they are not at least I will have one DVD collection of my favorite soap.

Yes, that is a bargain. I thought it would be more.

• Members

I have no problems at all with Luke's coming out being included. That story was the last time the show was really relevant outside the soap industry, so it's no surprise something from it is included. Just count your lucky stars they went with Luke coming out and not Nuke's first kiss or Nuke jump on a bed or Blind Noah looks constipated or Luke is a bitch or anything like that.

• Members

I actually liked the episodes where he came out to Kevin. They were real with good acting. I'm glad they didn't include anything Nuke. I truly wish they had included the episode where Connor took over Walsh Enterprise from Lucinda. That episode was a classic and it isnt on youtube.

Archived