ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMS, you make some great points, especially concerning the fact that ATWT was so much more popular than any soap that was previously shown in reruns. However, I still don't have a good feeling about DVD sales.

Nonetheless, I am definately going to buy this DVD set to show support, and I sure hope my above prediction is wrong.

• Members

I'm not even much of an ATWT viewer but am gonna get this (I admit it might have been nice to randomly have a sa bonus one of the really old existing eps, but...) So these are already to ship? Are they advertising at all? because my friend--who's online all the time and has been a massive ATWT fan for 30+ years had NO idea at all. Are they just hoping people stumble on it?

Wow, so P&G started saving episodes later than the ABC soaps?

• Members

When I ordered, it said that it would come in after ten days, so I guess they're ready to go. IDK why they had to keep quiet so long, but whatever. I just hope people buy it!

It doesn't surprise me that P&G started saving after ABC. ABC only had three soaps to worry about, so saving probably wasn't a big deal. P&G had five, so I can see them being a bit more hesitant about keeping archives for so many shows.

I sincerely hope this does so freaking well, though. I still don't understand why Sony and the Bells haven't done anything with DAYS, Y&R, or B&B, especially DAYS.

• Members

SOW is good news. I dunno, you and others have complained about Prospect Park's lack of advertising--and I was kinda worried this might be a similar situation. Certainly some long time fans (yes, I'm being stereotypical and thinking older people) who love the show and aren't online migth have trouble finding it. I wonder--and I suspect--that after a while it might be available from other vendors like Amazon?

And of course Agnes Nixon used saving as a bargaining chip--saying she wouldn't go to an hour otherwise, LOL.

My only regret about this project (and I do think starting off with a Best of like this was a smart move--as well as releasing so many anniversary clips episodes), is it would have been great if they could have had their sh!t together and done this for the finale--if they had advertied after each ep on the final week "to order your set call" etc I think they genuinely coulda raked a healthy profit. (the same is for AMC).

• Members

I am hoping down the line that Amazon will carry it too. I still can't believe there is actually a DVD release of the soap. I still think I am dreaming all of it a la Pam Ewing....lol.

Yeah, that would have made sells even greater had they released this DVD during ATWT final week. Some people just dont know how to capitalize on a good thing...lol.

• Members

Right--that goes for AMC too obviously (well all of the soaps)--that they should have taken advantage of the finale. ANd yes, this should be moved to the main Discuss the Soaps folder--I wouldn't have noticed it except for your sig--and at first I thought it was something you mocked up LOL (I don't mind the box, but I think As the World Turns should be bigger than 20 Classic Episodes, particularly if they ever want to start selling retail and attract the eye of a casual fan browsing DVDs). But really, this is great news and I should stop complaining.

• Members

Hahaha..I think it is the Eric Sheffer Stevens message that makes it seem like it is a fake....lol. I can see how you thought it was a mock....lol. The color of the box should have resembled the closing of the 80's. I do like the red though...but I do agree that the As The World Turns part should have been larger..a bigger font.

You can complain all you want Eric....but make sure you buy itwink.png

Archived