ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

I think what they picked had a decent amount of representation from different time frames available. Are there some characters I wish we featured more perhaps, yes..but it looks good. The anniversary episodes for ATWT are different than what they could potentially use for GL if they went that route. They had far fewer out of time episodes of that nature.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just ordered mine. It said I was order #399. Hopefully more people will buy it as word spreads.

I think $19.95 is a steal. Out of the 20 episodes, there are probably 2 or 3 I could do without, but overall it looks like a very entertaining DVD set.

I really hope they put out a second one, along with sets for GL and AW.

• Members

The DVD's are region free:

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/atwtdvdregionall.html

Also from this article:

There is talk about creating different versions of the DVD at some point.

"We are in discussions right now (none of the deals are done) with three different international home video distributors who are working on locating the foreign language tracks for the shows," Yates revealed in our interview. "And we will then license them the local DVD distribution rights. International DVD distribution will be handled by a local level and will be Region appropriate. For example, if we were to license to Germany, a German distributor will create German packaging, German language programming, do the subtitling and/or dubbing."

• Members

Here is the interview about GL being next with a 20 episode DVD collection and online streaming of ATWT classics in early 2012 followed by GL.

http://www.welovesoa...lassicscom.html

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: I think this is going to sell really well. If it does, will that help speed up the process or have you put more resources on it.

Mark Yates: Absolutely. How wells this sells determines how many and how quickly the future releases are. This has not been done before.

WE LOVE SOAPS TV: This is the first full episode collection of daytime soap episodes.

Mark Yates: It is shocking to me that it has taken this long for someone to do it. This is a real litmus test. I would love to let the fans know that how this goes is going to dictate how quickly we release and how much we release in the coming months.

• Members

I remember that but when I first saw the listing for that episode the only thing that came to mind was Julianne Moore appeared.

Again I was kind of sleepy last night when I answered French's question...but French I would call the number and order your set that way. I hope that helps you out.

Archived