OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 10

• Members

Cutter never did anything they would feel warranted redemption. He treated women like trash and sexually exploited a mentally ill woman. That's hot stuff for OLTL. The real question is why he's such a dumbass, spending months on a fortune that he's already blundered through several times and that is rapidly diminishing thanks to Rex.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe Viki would ever be with this man. I don't think she would want to spend her life with a man who nearly got a close friend (or used to be a close friend, anyway) raped or killed, IMO. That's not even getting into what he did to other people, with little to no remorse.

If it gives Clint and Viki stories, then that's good, but I would have rather seen them stay co-parents, somewhat of friends. They could recast Kim (since I doubt Setton is staying), have Clint be with her, and Viki could be with someone else.

• Members

Ford's "redemption" involved things like assaulting a blind nun and repeatedly making Jessica turn back into her alter. The show's idea of redemption is, "He does bad things, but he's hot and sometimes he makes sad faces." They did this with Cutter too, in the hotel room scenes with Aubrey. They had the abuse backstory for Ford, and I'm glad they didn't do that with Cutter, but generally I think Cutter and Ford are the same character, maybe mixed with Jared.

• Members

And now the show is portraying Ford as if he's this great upstanding guy with morals, just misunderstood but really trying hard to be a better person. The show is not doing that with Cutter. He's an ass and he's owning it. I loved him saying to Kim today that he's a con artist and if thats how he's gonna be viewed then he might as well go for it. The show isnt writing him like Ford or Aubrey, but of which have done 180s in their personalities and motivations as if they are new characters. The show has not forced a redemption on Cutter and Im glad they havent.

• Members

My cousin who doesn't go on any soap opera fans sites or soap opera sites period figured it out too. I was going to post it yesterday, but never got the chance. I think he's absolute right, after all Gigi keeps saying "don't give up".

• Members

There is no logical way for Gigi to be alive. The woman who died had to be Gigi. Unless Gigi and Stacey somehow were at the same hospital and got switched, but even that makes no sense. I'm kinda disappointed because with them showing Crystal Hunt's picture so much I was getting my hopes up that she would return. I feel this is very silly (especially coming after Victor/Todd and we all know Victor is still alive) when you consider Farrah Fath is quitting the show either way. All this to give Rex a happy ending? They had time to cancel this storyline. We already know they rewrote it.

I *do* hope Prospect Park is smart to look at Tina and Cord for the new show. Keep in mind the actors they'll lose. I could see these two with their kids adding something special, especially if Bo and Nora end up leaving. Andrea Evans is doing a brilliant job with some mediocre writing.

• Members

I thought Andrea was still at B&B and this was just a temporary visit.

I'll always have a soft spot for Cord but he doesn't work well with Clint now, in my opinion. I'm not sure what they'd do with him. I guess they could recast Sarah and CJ and move Cord into that area and away from the other Buchanan stuff.

• Members

OLTL does like their flashbacks (though not as much as, say, DAYS did for a while), but I thought today was maybe an episode that ran short so they padded it with flashbacks as sometimes they do. Because really--LONG flashbacks from one and two days ago??

Hrmm. I dunno, I'm pretty certain they're going for a whole body/ghost/double switcheroo "Heaven Can Wait" thing again (because OLTL has never done that story before... whistling.jpg ). It will be Stacy, but somehow Gigi will get to be in the body at some point--but they'll prob want to play the story out a LONG time and have plenty of Stacy looks liek Gigi and everybody knows but Rex and Shane moments.

• Members

It is. I'm certain (I hope I'm not eating my hat in a few months)--even for RC that makes no sense, and Gigi didn't hate her sister that much to do all of this, etc, etc. It's also the kinda typical red herring RC often drops.

I believe Andrea has no immediate plans on B&B but she is still technically recurring there--as she technically (for now) is on OLTL.

Is Farrah quitting the show??

The only way this could work is if Stacy died in the Painted Pony whatever it was accident and as some weird reward God or whoever put Gigi's spirit in there, or, ike I predict, there'll be a story with Gigiu's spirt eventually gaining the body.

Blah. I'm sure RC or some other OLTL writer thinks all the speculation about this story from viewers like us means it's a huge winner.

• Members

I know Andrea's visit is supposed to be short term, but the show was also supposed to be canceled. I'd be willing to sacrifice her brilliant return as Tawny for Tina full time. It started off rough, but I totally see a place for her in Llanview today. I never felt that with her last return.

She made it clear on Dirty Soap she was leaving the show. Plus her boyfriend is moving to LA, so really what are the chances of her signing up for Prospect Park? And it would be pointless anyway since we know Rex would have to be recast.

Archived