GH: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

Okay so I'm still way behind, but I YouTubed the Monica/Liz scenes and you have got to be getting me...She was hardly the cuntt y'all made her out to be. She made a couple fleeting comments about the boys being in daycare a lot. She hardly verbally bitchslapped Liz.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I won't go there about your obnoxious obsession blatantly making any opinion you have on the matter completely biased. I'm not gonna do it. The point of the matter is she was unprofessional and in the moment, totally uncalled for. Regardless of personal opinion of her degree of vaginal-slang-wordness.

• Members

jcar03

According to an "insider" (take w/a grain) but it is what I'm seeing on the screen so there must be some bite to it Wolf wanted to take Elizabeth in a more positive direction which is what I saw at the beginning of his tenure then Frons nixed it for Elizabeth to be continued to be trashed and written unsympathetic (with a negative focus) so, I'm back to the calling out, beat downs and Ethan reiterating negatives to LuLu something that I didn't get because I thought she was dressed up to go on a date w/Matt not to trap Lucky by bringing over a picture...

(e.g.Elizabeth said she was done with Lucky clearly now in dialog its was "all her fault Lucky ran off; I thought I saw him get a letter re: his dead wife is the reason he left she didn't know Lucky left until Ethan told her so? I am not sure what the agenda is but I can't keep up.

According to Ethan's dialog "its all Elizabeth's fault because as we all have been well trained she is to blame" she's still pining over her "sick/toxic" relationship w/Lucky. They won't move her away from this in story after years of it so whatever...

Hence the re- reiteration (round2 by nearly every character on the canvas) of Elizabeth ills e.g.I haven't seen these Monica scenes yet but I use to like their interactions which of course has been tainted as all Elizabeth's longstanding friendships/positive associations has been severed this is very important to Frons for some reason.

(I can ony take this show in small doses as I have a short attention span & a low tolerance for the BullS..) her being thrown under continues and I can only liken it to AJ, Tony Jones, Rick Webber, Stefen/Nik Cassadine to name a few IMO its not subtle its heavy handed, extreme and well over the top. But at least she's not in a triangle / baby baby baby story line so?

• Members

That "insider" blames Frons, another blames Korte, but the end product is the same... There is a clear and blatant bias against Elizabeth Webber. You have Carly, Sam and Maxie running around town -- three shameless, unrepentant whores -- and yet Elizabeth's the dirtiest female of them all? No man can resist Carly and her "charms," but men flee from Elizabeth's toxicity?

• Members

Well, isn't it Frons who got rid of Becky in the first place? So I guess it isn't too surprising if he isn't giving her fans want they want. In fact, I remember those same fans predicting this exact situation. Frons being forced to hire Becky back, but making Elizabeth pay with bad story. It's sort of hard to believe a businessman would be so spiteful, but I do believe it.

• Members

With the economy the way it is these actors are probably happy to get what they can. I'd hoped Greg Vaughan might get a lot of good stuff after GH fired him, and yet he ends up in some Hallmark movie with Colby Chandler #3.

I did expect a lot of crap but I will admit I didn't expect a man who killed a child and bragged about it to be painted as morally superior to the mother of the child he killed.

• Members

Thanks for being fair

R. Sinclair

I see that many posters here bash Elizabeth but even though I'm not a fan of many characters on GH I call it like I see it including my favs its all in the writing how they behave. Eg., Sam hiring thugs to terrorize Elizabeth w/children I caught the wrath of Elizabeth fans w/Jason because it was a hard sell for me...as much as she sat on his couch blubbering about her baby / babies this seemed like something her character would not do..

As for the insider, who is pretty reliable BTW, a lot over years has panned out including a few months ago re: the re-trashing of Elizabeth, which is what's happening now also (nearly three years back) that Guza was being watched beyond Frons rumors began he was being fired. I believe it when it airs just watch the screen for clues.

IMOultimately it rests at the feet of Frons (as they said) nothing airs without his approval; not sure if Korte is a breakdown writer but I've seen her accept emmys etc on behalf of Bob Guza so she's definitely a Lt of a power and I've never found her to be Elizabeth friendly (Val Jean was at one time she's gone anyway)

Korte I suppose she could not write the way she wanted without Phelps/Guza/Wolf Frons approval she's on the "team."

I (and many of her fans on our forums) didn't wish for Becky to return for many reasons (including the writing of her character) but I campaigned all the same; as I've done for many actors ( held no false illusion the writing would miraculously get better;

of course it was hoped for myself included but I'm learned in the tactics of Brian Frons; I loathe the guy. Esp when I was told (by this same insider) his mission is to be rid of ABC soaps for cheaper programming during the time he got his promotion.

Also, I've seen what he's done on other soaps (OLTL) when he micro managed (as he continues to do on GH). I'm not sure how much Jill is involved in the actual storytelling but I assume she may be a bit more powerful now Bob is gone. This insider also said be careful what you wish for re: Wolf don't hope for much....thus far they've been right.

After reading her responses, I think Becky just wanted to work she got her job back she's always been a trooper.

Archived