AMC Monday, September 26, 2011

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched a minute of the show and it was a mess - there were so many things going on, half the studio was like the old Bozo the Clown show (I miss Bozo), there were two big screens flashing graphics for no apparent reason, there was a middle-aged blonde woman jumping up and down, everyone was stuck behind a podium except Clinton Kelly, and the cameraman kept going for crotch shots until apparently someone said something because Clinton stopped facing the camera. Odd.

I'm not going to say, "Well that will flop" because who knows and it doesn't need to be a success to please ABC, but it's odd to me that after months or years of preparation this is what they came up with.

• Members

That blonde woman is Dr. Oz's daughter? She looked the same age he does. She also has no charisma.

Who is actually on The Talk now? Are Holly and Leah gone yet?

I'm glad Jacob's appearance was well-received. Maybe he should go on Let's Make a Deal, if that show is still on the air.

• Members

I clicked on The Chew and well as I expected. The only ones with a personality are Clinton Kelly and Carla Hall when she was allowed to speak. Did they cut the Italian guy because thankfully I did not see him.

Yes Holly and Leah are gone and I liked Holly. And Sharon Osborne is gone too. Aisha Tyler was on filling in today.The only entertaining one was the new African American women, no I don't know her name. She was the one in JY's segment.

• Members

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/26/the-chew-premiere_n_981592.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

'The Chew' Premiere: Twitter Users Find Debut Hard To Swallow

Posted: 9/26/11 02:52 PM ET

ABCs new daytime food-centric talk show, The Chew, premiered today. Between the hyperactivity and awkward pace of the food demos, to the forced conversation and stilted flow of the segments, it was clear that this was the first go-round of the show. There were an excessive amount of smiles, a general feeling that the audience had all drunk the same Kool-Aid before the show and Michael Symon recommending a microplane as if it was a newfangled modern gadget. All in all, we can see why the All My Children Fans are angry.

But hey, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt, The Chew. Perhaps your first episode was just a rocky start...after all, you can only go up from here. Twitter users however, may not be so kind.

• Members

I was very surprised that Mario Batali didn't even care about being there. Yes it's nice he's helping a charity, but I'm sure there are a lot of those tournaments. If he has such little faith in his show that he sends that type of message on the premiere, then I can't see him being involved with this for very long.

Archived