AMC - Monday - September 19, 2011

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really. I wasn't expecting to already be on the cusp of crying like a baby on Monday.

So about 75% of the episode was dedicated to the Hubbards.

They also did a bit of a finale for the Colby family and maybe the Castillo family.

I'm expecting that JR's breakdown is going to be thread through the week.

• Members

So now Krystal doesn't want Babe back? Just a couple of weeks ago she was begging David for any info. JR is right, she doesn't give a crap about her kids.

This JR stuff is breaking my heart & it's really tough to watch especially when everyone else gets their happy ending.

• Members

Marley I know its hard but look at it this way he's gettig a memorable ending. I have watched these shows lose interest in vets over the years and just have them disappear from canvas which is more insulting. At least with JR his story seems to be the catalyst for the cliffhanger of the SERIES not one story. And JY is popular enough to have his arrival at B&B being promoted and I give B&B credit for capitalizing on AMC's ending this week with that promo.

I don't think its Babe at all. I think its going to be Stuart now with how things are progressing. Babe has been a red herring.

• Members

I've become jaded over the years. I was half expecting Angie to lose her eyesight again -- kind of like a Greek tragedy. Even when up until the final scene as she approached the camera to frame the picture, I was expecting her to all of a sudden start to go fuzzy and dim. That wouldn't have been the way I'd have written it... But I wouldn't have been shocked, either.

bones-finger_wag.gif

NO JOKING ALLOWED!

• Members

So the fake film look is back? I couldn't decide if it was or if I was imagining it. If it is it's not as bad as it was before (the flashbacks made it glaringly obvious how awful the show looked from 2008 til the move).

I missed the first 20 minutes or so. Was there any explanation of how we went from 2 patients to 1 or is it just "pretend that never happened"?. If the latter, that is awful. The scene where David told Zach he had two more patients was shot after the three week hiatus in July in which the Prospect Park deal was announced and (according to SOD) the re-writes were done. So there's really no excuse.

• Members

I do take some comfort in knowing that once AMC ends on friday ( for now) JR might be the most discussed character (this is me speculating of course, we don't know what's gonna happen) and seeing BB promote JY and have him come on so soon makes me very happy.

I'm gonna go into mushy mode and feel free to mock me all you want but these characters are in some way our friends and family and we all have our favorites and mine happens to be JR. I know he's an !@#$%^&*] 90 % of the time, I know he's incapable of being happy but I still love him damnit and not because JY is "hawt" like some would like to believe, I just like JR period, warts and all.

I honestly thought I was more cynical and a savvy soap fan to not really care at this point...but apparently I do. I need a drink.

I liked the Hubbard scenes.

• Members

Wow.... I wasn't crying, but I welled up a bit. I like the "Family" theme that seems to be happening here. Its really a nice, touching way to end AMC, or at least the current chapter. It would appear that cliffhanger is GOING to happen, which I am not entirely sure how I feel about. Its nice though that everyone seems to be ending on a happy note. I really, REALLY loved Angie and David's embrace. I think that will be a common theme too this week. David will be in jail, but perhaps every "family" will sort of make peace with him? I could be wrong. Debbi and Vincent though are awesome, its pretty clear prior to cancellation those two might have hooked up.

Archived