Most miscast soap roles

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katie was NOT young when she left. Nancy Sloan has made several guest stints on B&B as Katie. 2004 I think was the last. By then, Katie was in her 40s. So with Heather Tom, they de-aged the character a whole lot and then changed her character completely.

Katie wasn't much younger than Brooke in the beginning. Approximately 5 years. Now, the age difference is something like 15 years. Which of course screws things up more considering Katie used to babysit Rick & Bridget a lot. Now they are pretty much the same age.

Just saying........ These things screws up ages on a soap. Like Lesley-Anne Down playing Jack Wagner's mother, and Jackie is supposed to be same age as Stephanie.

Figuring out ages on B&B's characters by counting what we've seen on screen is IMPOSSIBLE. Especially now that Hope and Steffy have been aged. We all know Bridget is supposed to be 20 years older than Hope. So Bridget has apparently turned 40, and Rick about 42. And since Ridge was 25-30 when Rick was born, he's now 70-ish. Which of course makes Stephanie 90-ish and Eric 95-ish since he was a senior and Stephanie freshman at collage when they met.....

THIS IS WHY I HATE B&B TAMPERING WITH AGES. It was gone way too far. Soon Hope or Steffy will have a baby and in a couple of years that kid is a teenager.........

• Members

I agree with KM being miscast as Hope. I don't care if no adult or teen played the role before her. She's still miscast because she's not lead material and isn't coming off as interesting enough to be the heroine. I've seen many actors miscast in the teen/young adult roles in recent years.

• Members

I never understood why they needed to bring these actresses on as Katie and Donna. It's not like there is a believable or close relationship with the sisters - not to me, anyway. I think they did this just so Stephanie could go around talking about LOGAN WHORES, and the show could pretend as if the Logan family grew up in a brothel.

Archived