Most miscast soap roles

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was gorgeous and if they kept her I think she would have been Erica's greatest competition for Jack, bringing out a bunch of interesting body image insecurities for short, dark-featured Erica.

• Members

Santa Barbara:

Everyone after Lane Davies as Mason Capwell.

The first Gina.

Days of our lives:

Josh Taylor as Roman Brady.

Robert Kelker-Kelly as Bo Brady.

Mark Valley and Steve Wilder as Jack Deveraux.

John Ingle as Mickey Horton.

Charity Rahmer as Belle Black.

Stephanie Cameron as Jennifer Horton.

Everyone after Susan Flannery as Laura Horton.

The Bold and the Beautiful:

Jennifer Gareis as Donna Logan.

Heather Tom as Katie Logan.

Robin Riker as Beth Logan.

Everyone after Jennifer Finnigan as Bridget Forrester.

Kyle Lowder as Rick Forrester.

Kimberly Matula as Hope Logan.

Lesley-Anne Down as Jackie Marone.

• Members

You can almost start up another topic on actors that everyone else loves but you hate. I would label Jennifer Landon as a miscast. Yes she was very successful in that role, but for me she was poison. My TV immediately turned off when she was on. Mainly because the show forced her down the audience's throat. My friends used to call ATWT- the "Jennifer Landon Hour".

• Members

tumblr_m66yp1Eed41qii5dio1_500.gif

RKK was an EXCELLENT Bo recast! IA with so many on your list. Loved Mark Valley as Jack as well.

How is KM a miscast as Hope? Its not like there was much to go off of before her. I think she's a good fit for the young good ingenue she was hired to play

• Members

With Kim Matula, I just think there is nothing interesting about her. Hope lacks personality completely. Hope is the most boring character ever on B&B in my opinion. There is so little spark with her. So little of anything. The writing is bad for all characters, so I cannot blame the writing for Hope's dullness. So I conclude that it's the actress who is as dry as a martini.

With RKK, there was just something about him that to me read sleazy and creepy. I will add that I am no huge fan of Bo Brady the character. Peter Reckell works in the part, but Bo will never be a favorite of mine. ;)

• Members

Linda Gibboney was an excellent Gina on SB. I realize that the part was written with Robin Mattson in mind and that Gibboney was basically a placeholder, but I loved her. The fans at the time agreed. I grew to love Mattson quickly but I missed Gibboney.

• Members

1) Katie Logan used to be everything that Katie Logan is not anymore. They completely changed that character when Heather Tom took over.

2) I'll get hated for this, but I do not like Heather Tom. I think she's a good actress, just not THAT good to win every frickin Emmy. To me she always comes off as arrogant and annoyed, no matter what scene.

• Members

Katie had been off the show for years when Heather took over the role. I don't think her transformation was completely unrealistic. Katie was still very young when the character left the first time, and she had grown up while she was away.

Personally I think Donna's transformation was much more unbelievable. At least Heather Tom and Nancy Sloan (original Katie) looked somewhat similar, whereas Jennifer Gareis and Donna Mitchum look nothing like each other. And Donna's personality changed much more than Katie's.

• Members

Is it unbeleivable that a decent naive young girl with self esteem issues would grow up into a decent mature confident woman? Katie did not completely change. HT's rendition of her when the character returned in 2006 was a natural progression of the character which made sense. She still served as the moral center of the Logan family and had values and self respect

Archived