Most miscast soap roles

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have the advantage of having seen JA in anything else so I really have no comparison to what his abilities are and no he was not the ideal choice and he likey was cast because he was an FOJ more than anything.

As for Rebecca, she wasn't a Q. But I'd be more accepting of the character now with Nikolas gone thats for sure but I don't expect to see that happen.

I like the idea of a long lost AJ spawn. That might be interesting.

That was pity casting and a pity Oscar nomination. NO doubt Strasberg was a great teacher but he stunk as an actor.

• Members

I wouldn't put Rebecca as a big priority but I did enjoy her a little more in her last weeks.

Since so much has to focus on Michael I think a rival for Michael, also AJ's son, would be good drama, especially if he was great at ELQ, the light of the family's eye, and Michael is obsessed with thinking he's evil, when actually, he isn't. If Carly hadn't become so toxic over the last few years I would even say he could sleep with Carly, as that would really drive Michael over the edge.

• Members

Rebecca was only decent when they got her out of the vapid suck that was Nikolas. Granted I will give credit where credit is due and that TC his last few weeks on the show came alive again but that doesn't excuse years of sleepwalking on screen including the time when Emily was still his love interest on screen. And I thought the Niz storyline was dreadful but I'll give Becky Herbst credit for putting forth effort not TC. I always disliked TC because aside from his first maybe 2 years back, I think he was lazy even with the better writing he got and for all the accollades on him being the much better actor, I never saw it demonstrated ever. I don't know if there is any truth to the rumors NL turning down an invite back for his closing storyline are true but who could blame her. I don't ever want to see him back on GH because frankly he doesn't deserve an invite back. I'd prefer they recast the character if they ever want to bring the character back. Tirade over!!

As for the AJ son idea I love it. Michael does need a rival - a real one. I'd buy his kid coming back to screw Carly and Jason over and Michael too. MOre as a rival for Michael because as the character currently stands he's not very interesting and the actor is a snooze.

• Members

You're right; Kevin Dobson wasn't used often. I think they might have had some plans for him, but once they realized how wrong he was the role, they used him as little as possible before realizing no one could replace John Clarke and killed him off.

• Members

It'd be easy to explain how AJ had a random ONS during one of his "benders" that resulted in an illegitimate son or daughter. What I'd really like to know, though, is whether Monica has any extended relatives. Didn't she grow up in some sort of foundling home, not knowing for sure who or where her family was? Perhaps the girl has nieces and nephews that could migrate to P.C.?

• Members

That's not a bad casting choice. I do like MBE since ATWT (was too young to watch her on Days.) Love her on The Bay. I felt they should have done more with Sierra on ATWT.

And I wasn't clear about this but I meant that OLTL probably cast Kimberlin for bragging rights. Pretty much the same with Port Charles' Rachel Locke (Livvie's mother.)

• Members

I hate when people stereotype certain actors as gay seeming, but I admit I'm constantly shocked by the fct Matt isn't gay (he actually married his firlfriend during the West Side Story run and rumour was he was replace don it because grumpy old man Arthur Laurents who directed was so annoyed that he was straight and not coming on to him--never mind that Laurents was in his late 90s lol).

Archived