AMC: LaRue & Gellar's Return...

• Members

LaRue has been tweeting about it, she affectionately calls the material they were given crap, she said they're making crap sing.

She then went into detail about why the scenes were cheesy - Sarah is playing a psych patient who thinks everyone around her is a vampire. Maria/Eva is playing her doctor.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to know that the third-to-last episode sucks.

ELR was so excited about the second half of her stint before and has been a huge AMC cheerleader in all interviews, so for her to be taking shots at the material is very discouraging.

I guess Griffin calls Maria back and says he won't be needing her help with David and then when she hangs up she has her encounter with SMG's character and that's it for Maria. A complete waste of a return.

SMG's stuff sounds lame as well. Buffy jokes!? Who cares?

They cut ELR down to 1 episode from the 3 she was supposed to have this time (and her previous "2 episodes" was 3 or 4 short scenes).

They said Josh Duhamel would be back for 3 episodes. He was on for one episode and one scene of another episode.

They said Esta Terblanche would be back for "a handful of episodes". She was back for ten seconds.

They said Carol Burnett would be back for 3 episodes. She is going to be back for 2 (and probably one of those is only one scene).

Julia Barr was cut from 9 episodes to 6 (again we'll see how true that 6 is).

In an interview a few weeks ago Lee Meriwether said she didn't know when her "episode" would be taped. So Ruth and Joe are probably only back for one episode.

They never really wrapped up Marian's return properly. Unless I missed something the last we saw her she was sitting on Kendall's couch. I know we are to assume she is back at Oakhaven, but she should have gotten a final scene. I thought Annie's exit of being politely shoved out into the hallway by Ryan to the waiting police officer could have been done better.

Dixie's return has been poorly done. Zach's return has been poorly done.

The only thing I can say the writers did well was Janet's return. That's it.

• Members

Honestly I think pretty much all of Maria's material over the years has stunk - I loathed the mybabymybabymybabySamSamSam saga, I hated the pity sex with a way too eager Dimitri, the baby switch was interesting mostly because of Susan Lucci's work, not Maria. And she has repeatedly trashed her 2002-2005 material. So I'm not too shocked if she has crap again. Maria has no real ties to the canvas now. I do wish they'd had her come back to trade a few insults with Erica.

I wonder if SMG will say anything about her scenes.

• Members

I think everything was changed because PP picked up the show. It's a shame that those who arent going to continue watching online and maybe Bravo to get such a shitty ending. It's obvious once it hits internet/maybe Bravo the show will be just as bad or if not worse.

• Members

I'm not sure that's true. I think it'll depend on who's writing and producing.

I have to admit that as of now, I'm not really planning on watching. I don't feel any attachment to the way the show is ending and I consider the PP version to be a completely new show that I know nothing about.

• Members

I unfortunately feel the same way. I'm not sure I'd watch either. I'd have to see who was signed on but AMC's cast was so gutted with major exits in the last few years that I'm not sure I'd care anymore.

I agree with what LeClerc said about most of the returns. Keep in mind, ABC never said Duhamel was back for more than one episode, the mags speculated he filmed enough for three episodes. And there are those possible scenes of him at ConFusion still out there. I also read Esta's fan club president said she received multiple scripts so I hope we've not seen the last of either Leo or Gillian.

I kept hoping to see a Marian and Liza scene but one never happened. sad.png

Archived