AMC: LaRue & Gellar's Return...

• Members

If the last 2 weeks have been rewritten how would that impact anything we are seeing now? I always had the feeling the SMG stuff was a last minute thing and they tried to fit it in. Personally Maria coming back I see as pointless. Why. At least SMG could have done some tongue and cheek stuff with Lucci and Menshew. Who cares about the Buffy stuff. But I get the feeling if AMC didnt try and fit all these people in who wanted to return the fans probably would have been complaining about that as well.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's been way more than two weeks but honestly things started getting choppy once they began to cut things to add DIxie scenes. From then on it's been a snowball effect. More cutting scenes, more rewriting, sloppier continuity...some of it has been because of the compressed timeline, some of it has no doubt been because of PP "interference" for lack of a better word. It would take a miracle to tell a decent story under these circumstances and, sadly, AMC ran out of miracles a long time ago. At this point they could stop running episodes right now, just concentrate on the new version and it might be better for everyone involved.

• Members

Exactly. This is a case of, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." Which is why I felt AMC should've just ignored all that and concentrated on wrapping up everything as nicely as possible. Forget all the dream returns, special tributes and last requests. Just end this [!@#$%^&*], thank the fans for watching, ask them to keep doing so online, and move on.

• Members

I think they should've gone with the fan idea I read on TWOP - have SMG play "Young Erica" giving birth to Kendall in the 60s. That would have been extremely poignant.

Wasn't that what you wanted? "Let them burn!"

Yes, I think AMC's ending has been particularly screwed with due to their timeframe - they had very little time between the September exit and PP's announcement and as such a hatchet has been taken to a lot of things. OLTL is apparently also undergoing revisions, but they have much more time by comparison. But in the end, if what emerges next years is an overall better soap opera bearing the name of All My Children, I'm not going to fret about a sloppy ending on a network that has treated these shows like [!@#$%^&*] for years. I am extremely excited about OLTL's prospects in the new medium and I hope AMC has much the same. They're not supposed to be "safe" or "the same."

• Members

I knew from the outset of the Prospect Park announcement that the final weeks of this show would become disjointed, non-linear, and just downright insulting.

The fact that actors, who at one point were humbled to be coming back to be part of the "final days" are now publically criticizing and making fun of the material they are being given says alot... and nothing good.

Archived