GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I was watching back then and none of those scenes bring back any memories. I googled the storyline, and I'm drawing a blank. This must have been Guza/Pratt but after they killed Rick Webber and Genie Francis quit. I stopped watching for a few months, and was already sick of Jason, Sonny, and Carly.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What happened was. Sonny had a thing with Sam. And, he got her knocked up. She was gonna get an abortion at first. But, changed her mind when Sonny arranged for Jason to help take care of her and the baby. Alexis and Sonny's daughter Kristina had I believe it was leukemia. She needed a stem cell transplant. Alexis and Sonny asked Sam to donate the baby's stem cells. Alexis just kept pushing it (She didn't know Sam was her daughter then either). So, Sam agreed to have the baby early to do the stem cell transplant. Well, when she went into labor there was a problem and she went into a coma, and the baby had an issue with the placenta. So, they had to do a c-section. And, the baby died.

Edited by Golden Duck

• Members

I remember the Taggert/Dara/Justus triangle. It was an intriguing premise - Taggert the cop vs. Justus, legal counsel to "Anger Boy", battling for the heart of the DA/singer.

As I recall, Vanita Harbour (Dara) was pregnant in real life at the time and once she went on maternity leave, any momentum the triangle was starting to have just stalled. That was also around the same time Joseph C. Phillips was on his way out the door, and then the whole story was dropped. A couple of years later, Taggert was placed in another potential love triangle with AJ and Hannah, which didn't fare any better.

No wonder Real Andrews eventually walked after years of loyal service to GH.

• Members

I didn't care for the story either, but I was more concerned with how the situation was hand waved for the maternity storyline between Sam and Alexis so many years later. The death of your first born is not something one should ever get over, and the contemptuous relationship and circumstances regarding it should have always been respected from a story stand point. Even if Alexis wasn't directly responsible, Sam should harbor very strong feelings over the situation. She forgave too easily, in my opinion. Even with the sex with Ric withstanding. Now that Sam has her healthy baby it's like no one remembers her first born daughter anymore. But like with so many aspects of Sam's character its lost, forgotten and temporal.

Edited by Skin

• Members

She was basically just a second version of Courtney Matthews after awhile. She came on the show as a love interest for Jax and then she transitioned from that to Jason's second Action Girl Girlfriend. She was always Adventure girl, and had that background but she was mired in the Jarson drama for much too long. She was at her best during 2007, when she was a villain actively making life worse for Eliesabitch Webber. She's too boring as a heroine. She would be a lot more interesting in the role Britt has been playing.

• Members

Jackie Zeman, Billy Warlock, Shell Danielson, Carly Schroeder, Peter Hansen, Susan Brown...even actors who worked with Kin on other soaps like Catherine Hickland (on Texas) and Martha Byrne (on ATWT) still rave about him. He just seems like such a down-to-earth, funny guy that you would like to go out and have a beer with. Not Hollywood at all.

Edited by amybrickwallace