GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Gina was adopted by a wealthy family and was embarrassed by her upbringing.  It was Brenda that visited her and tried to get her to reunite with Jagger and help find Mike/Stone.  She ends up being slightly receptive, but still wants to keep her distance.  

I think Jagger, Stone, and Gina were full siblings.  Jagger was just the oldest.  I can't recall hearing anything otherwise and the good old internet lists them as full siblings.  Gina was just supposed to be a bit younger (Nikki Cox doesn't really look that young, but...) and got adopted fairly quickly.  Their family makeup is a bit confusing just because I don't think we get a lot of clarity on why the parents left or how long Jagger was raising them before CPS got involved.

Yeah, I don't know if Karen was 100% cool with it all, but she had moved on with her life and John and Scotty act like Sonny was the one that killed her.  Sonny was absolutely wrong, but Karen made a decent life for herself no thanks to Jagger either!  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve managed to get through July 1981.

the ice princess story finally moved forward. I was shocked… 

Robert’s partner “OReilley got killed. Such a shame. They are throwing Emma Lutz and Charlie on us and a bunch of new minor characters but kill off O’Reilley who had so much potential. But it was still a great storyline.

Alexandria and Tony won against Luke-Laura-Robert and got the ice princess and the formula even though she had to kill James Duvall. I knew it was coming but it was still so damn well acted. Alexandria even tried to frame Laura for it. But Slick, OReilley, Robert and Luke to the rescue !

Joe and Heather got closer and even kissed and the tension is rising. I have to say that I really love the Joe-Heather pairing. The chemistry is off the charts. But now they threw Sarah into the mix. She seems obsessed with Joe and is messing with Heather. Can’t wait to see where this will lead to.

DAYS Legend Thaao Penghlis got introduced as Victor Cassadine! That was so exciting. They are all on that big boat and are on their way to an island even though no one seemed to know where the cruise will stop but Victor and Tony! Robert-Luke managed to sneak on the boat of course and got a big surprise: Laura had already been on board lol Those episodes were so much fun with them hiding.

AND GH LEGEND Tiffany Hill got introduced as Victor’s girlfriend. I loved Tiffany since I was a baby and saw a lot of her on YouTube etc. BUT damn. When she first appeared in this show she was a complete B!ch lol nothing like the Tiffany I used to know. But her back and forth insults with Alexandria were fun. but on 7-31-81 Laura as Lucy Johnson was cleaning her room and they had such a deep conversation and Tiffany showed some of her sensitive side

Please register in order to view this content

Tony-Alexandria ‘s Lovestory is so heartwarming even though they are the villains. Technically Alexandria has been power hungry and always wanted more BUT just stole the ice princess coz Tony broke her heart and cheated on her with Tiffany. Ouch. But I can clearly see that he regrets it and really loves her and I really like them together. 

Bobbie-Noah have some great chemistry BUT it’s dragging. Only great episode of them was when Bobbie explained to aunty Ruby how she really feels and how scared she is to get hurt. She only really loved Roy. Poor Bobbie

Hutch.. Oh Hutch. I gave up on it but the story was getting me back into it. Amy learned how to tolerate him and how to separate him from being a murderer and just being a patient. She struggled how to deal with him and that was really great stuff. BUT what really surprised me was that Hutch-Rose scenes and her hatred for him because he worked for the people that killed Paddy Kelly. But oh damn do they have chemistry

I wonder why the writers never gave Amy more than just being GH’s Gossip Girl? Like they introduced minor characters like Stacey and that other wooden doctor and got them a fling. But why couldn’t they introduce a doctor for Amy? Makes no sense. U have single and beautiful available female character yet u introduce two characters no one cares for? Dissapointing.

and I wonder if Genie Francis would’ve stayed for 1982 if Luke and Laura would’ve gotten another summer storyline

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I think I read somewhere that Gloria Monty had plans for a Scotty/Amy romance set against the world of ice skating and the Winter Olympics, but I guess Kin Shriner's departure scuttled those plans, along with anything else they might have had in mind for Amy.

• Members

This is the most fascinating thing I've heard in a while.  Combining my love of soaps and figure skating?  It would be my dream come true.  I don't think there would be much other interest outside of myself in the audience and I struggle to see Amy/Scott together.  Would they ice skate together?  Or just share their love of figure skating and the Olympics to bond them?  Would evil Russians try to thwart the athletes from America and Amy/Scott would have to save the integrity of the Olympic Games?

Even if it's a rumor, I can say it's the best thing I have heard today.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Scott and Amy sounds insane but def something they'd do back then.

In other news, we've all talked up Crystal Carson as Julia before and how much we enjoyed her rolling with the changes in the show. These scenes with her after Brenda's 'death' in '98 (timestamped below) are really good work from Carson, I haven't seen them since they aired. I'd forgotten the montage of all the empty locations around town.

Another neat little moment earlier on in this video at the Q mansion that's just for me: Evil Katherine silently and grimly snuffing out the candle on the cake after they hear the news about Brenda.

• Members

I always enjoyed that montage (obviously).  I thought it was a great way to show how much Brenda's death affected so many people in the town, without showing a funeral.  I also liked the touch of Jax going around town telling people she died in person.  So often characters find out about death's off screen or over the phone.

I wish in Brenda's recent returns we could at least hear Brenda/Julia were close off screen.  The only mentions of Julia made it seem like her and Brenda either fell out of touch or weren't close.

• Members

No, didn't even mention it.  The only thing she said about Julia at all was in one conversation with Sonny and she mentioned she couldn't go to Julia for help when she had all her European Balkan issues.  She didn't say why she couldn't go to Julia, but the way it was said made it seem like they weren't very close.

In 2002, I don't believe Julia was mentioned at all and I have no idea how she even found out Brenda was alive lol.

During that whole weird era where the Bill Eckert and Julia stuff was being floated around Sonny called Brenda to ask some things about Julia/Barrett Industries and although it was obviously a one sided convo, it did seem like she at least knew what Julia was currently doing.  Julia also sold Barrett Industries years ago, so there's that.  

• Members

Something Riche’s GH really captured well was a sense of melancholy, under all her head writers. Characters sitting with their feelings, sadness but not hysterics. Those long scenes filled with characterization. And Brenda really was connected across the canvas at this point.

I do remember thinking at the time no body plus no real funeral - they are really telegraphing she is welcome back at any time. 

• Members

That along with Jax burning the results of the illness Brenda might have really signaled there was no way Brenda was dead.  I honestly can say I preferred a montage to an actual funeral in this case.

Watching this made me remember how much I loved Jason and Robin and there was a time SBu did not annoy me. 

• Members

He had way more dimension before he left the show the first time. Jason Morgan smiled, he rolled his eyes, he loved Robin very deeply. He was cocky, had an attitude, and also played out more emotion and empathy.

Things really changed in the 2000’s.

• Members

I really don't think Jill had anything to do with that, as she was out of power within the job pretty much by the time he returned on contract for Guza. Steve just didn't give a shít.

• Members

The thing about Jason's accident wasn't that he didn't have emotions and was stone cold.  He just didn't process emotions the same anymore and had brain damage and issues with social cues, reading maps, memory, interpersonal relationships, etc.  But he was trying to learn those things.  Sometime in the 2000's the narrative became he's fearless because he has no emotions and is some sort of hitman shaped robot.  I don't think that was the intent of the original accident and clearly turned into some weird Guza fantasy, IMO.  Steve loved that idea and never tried to do much else again.