GH: Classic Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've been revisiting several classic eras including '96, and I'd forgotten about the fallout from the Kevin stalker story (which I thought was pretty good, what I've rewatched anyway) with Felicia turning very cold and hard after her ordeal, particularly re: Kevin. I thought Kristina played it very well, but I can't remember, did it go anywhere? I also recall them teasing a Kevin/Cassadines connection and I know we've discussed it here before but I can't remember what if anything we knew about it or where it was supposed to go. I have said it before, but I think it's a fundamental mistake on the show's part not to mine both Kevin and Laura's traumatic family histories/mental illness background more for better story if you have to keep them together (I still want Kevin and Lucy reunited). The decrepit mob brother and Ryan's repeat returns haven't really been the most intelligent treatment; Kevin's complex backstory in particular and Laura's commune days, etc. are all fertile ground, especially for Laura's husband being a psychologist with a dark past.

They also go out of their way at the close of the Kevin/Felicia/Lucy hostage crisis to show Felicia in the shower flashing back to her many ordeals with both Ryan and Kevin. 1992-93 pre-Labine is not an era I have a ton of familiarity with, though I've seen episodes here and there over the years; if anyone can point to any particularly remarkable Ryan/Felicia episodes or just pass along a rough timeframe I'd love to see them. Thanks.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I couldn't find the Sonny scene I was looking for, but I did find some scenes where Jagger and Stone first see one another.  And Jagger calls Stone "Mike" and Stone calls John-Jagger, so Jagger had his nickname for a long time.   He doesn't say why he goes by Stone, but just says he goes by Stone now.

Also......Michael Sutton really grew as in actor in his time on GH.  He's pretty green here.

I am also curious how Jagger, who isn't more than 2 or 3 years older than Stone would be able to raise his two siblings by himself.

• Members

I knew he wasn't great, but some of his early stuff is really rough.  I am a bit sad he left acting because his ability to grow so quickly implies a ton of talent.  And they really nailed the Jagger/Stone casting-they look so much a like.  Nikki Cox, not so much lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

They are really well written.  I knew they grew up without parents, but their parents just abandoned them all?   Not that there would be a valid reason, but I don't think we ever got any reason why both parents just left and never came looking for them.  It makes Stone's life that much more tragic.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I was going to trigger warn the clip, but the Sonny/karen scene was so brief and they don't pop up again.  I got a little ill when Sonny mentioned Karen's birthday the other day and called her "Cari" to Jagger.  

Please register in order to view this content

Way to remind us you are a creep.  

Also, Sonny knew Karen for a few months I doubt he knows her birthday.  Especially since it seems both Jagger and Sonny forgot Brenda exists.  What does a girl need to do to get a Brenda mention these days?  Not a whole conversation or anything just one tiny mention to give my heart hope.

• Members

Unlike Stone, who originally called Karen Carrie too, Sonny just never decided to use her given name because he's a jerk.  Even when they met on PC again I am pretty sure he still called her "Carrie", but they also made peace and I do believe Sonny apologized and she accepted.  So Jagger can be mad, but Karen herself had gotten over it.

• Members

I'm rougher on timeline for 1992 than I am for 1993, but I think this is where there story is... 

late May, 1992: Felicia arrives at the Brownstone and passes out. Wakes up with amnesia and no memory of what happened. 

June - October, 1992: Felicia has memories of a man and a relationship in Texas, but not really clear on the details (neither Felicia, nor I, but I believe it turns out to be Ryan's first wife, Gloria). Ryan arrives at General Hospital as a pediatrician. He becomes involved with Felicia. She and Mac are slowly piecing together her past. 

November, 1992: Felicia and Ryan go off to a cabin. Felicia regains her memory. Ryan keeps her hostage. There is a faux marriage ceremony, an attempted rape (I think), and finally Felicia shoots Ryan. This is definitely November because Felicia's argument in the episodes is that she needs to get home for Maxie's birthday (which is early November). What is available of this period should be worth watching. It would also feature the fallout of A.J.'s aborted wedding to Nikki when Alan paid off Nikki to leave town. 

January-February, 1993: Felicia's trial for shooting Ryan. Felicia is in the sanitarium. The trial stuff is a bit over the top at times, but once you are into the time period, it doesn't feel as painful. Not stuff I would suggest that you need to see, though there is a nice scene of Ryan showing up at the mental hospital to mess with Felicia that is pretty noteworthy, in my opinion. 

March-April, 1993: Mac and Felicia are on the run. By late March, I think Ryan is slowly starting to unravel. April 1993 is a good month to watch because you get the 30th reunion week. The start of Karen and Jagger. Dominique, Scotty, and Lucy having the baby while Dominique has to accept that her days are numbered. 

April-May, 1993: Mac and Felicia fake her death and start gaslighting Ryan. This sequence is very good. Everyone at GH seems to be getting involved in it. Bobbie steals a picture. I think Audrey is distracting Ryan. I haven't gotten to it myself yet, but Ryan holding the Hardys hostage seems exciting and one of their last big stories. 

I didn't realize that Gina had been adopted. I saw an episode or two from the summer of 1993 and Gina was hanging around at the tennis courts with her bougie friends before getting a visit from Brenda, I think. I think Nikki Cox worked as the poor girl trying to fit into the newer environs of the upper crust, but, yes, not really looking much like her siblings. Jagger was their half-brother right? I know there was some discussion of the family make up in the episodes I watched but I wasn't giving too much attention to detail. It did sound though like Jagger didn't get along with his step-father.