GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Honestly, I barely remember anything they did as a couple.  I just know I didn't mind them which is high praise from me lol.  I don't think Sam/Patrick were even upset when they broke up.  I think they are similar to what Dante/Sam are now.  The actors have chemistry but nothing is really happening.

• Members

Im finally done with June 1981!

God how I loved Slick Jones! He was one of the best additions to this story and the cast as Luke‘s friend and sidekick!

Luke was still in hiding from Tony Cassadine, Alexandria and Robert. Meanwhile they teamed up by now.. I loved how Slick and Rose were helping out Luke while Laura quit her job at ELQ and went on a small vacation. 
Now I know where Tracy got her genes from lol Damn Edward was fine with Alexandria and destroying Laura‘s reputation because of the ice princess. 

Luke finally got caught and idk but I love Tony Cassadine. But he’s dumb. He went with a truth serum and torture and Luke told him the truth that he doesn’t have the ice princess. Which was one of the biggest shocks for me after weeks of Luke in hiding mode and messing with the big guys and acting like he had that ice princess lol But even with the truth serum Tony didn’t believe him. 
Tony and Alexandria‘s backstory got more depth and development and they both ended up together again. While Alexandria is still stringing James Duvall along lol I really dig Tony-Alexandria tbh.

Robert saved Luke‘s life on the Cassadine boat and revealed his secret of being an agent to him and it was so much fun seeing O‘Reilley, Luke, Slick and Robert working together. 

Joe-Heather are bonding even though he still wants to get her behind bars for Diana‘s murder. We got so far that he finally figured out that Rick‘s gun is missing and that Heather must’ve stolen it on Christmas when she was in town. Finally some progress there 

im not even mentioning Hutch and his story anymore at this point. 3 months. Three! Just two attempts on his life. Get out of here

Noah is a weird character. Never saw the Noah Drake episodes but he behaves so weird torwards Rick and even to his love interest Bobbie. 

And what’s up with Claudia and Brian. I always liked them but damn girl. She became so vile and annoying and I kinda side with Brian and him keeping some distance. They are like constantly at each others throats at this point and make up ever two weeks. Ugh

we laugh about GH 2024 and how they have 100 characters but it wasn’t really better in 1981. They kept adding and adding characters to the canvas but what for? For an instance Kathy Summers. A girl living with the Q‘s coz Monica felt for her coz she went through the same and used her as a spy on Alan. They even gave her a little flirt with Noah to make Bobbie mad for a few episodes but otherwise there was nothing going on with her.

And James Duvall! This men is the reason the ice princess exists and the world destroying formula and the writers kept him hidden in his house for 4-5 months. Bruh got introduced on February 2nd 1981 and he was still being kept hidden by June 30th of 1981 even though he is a powerful scientist? Come on man. Can’t be serious.

Noah Drake has been on the show for 3 months and behaved like a spoiled brat torwards all characters and being Bobbie’s love interest but nothing else. I know he was probably a last minute addition coz we lost Jeff Webber.

Hutch character being pointless. I’d rather take Nelle from the 2010‘s over Hutch character at this point. 
or Amy. Hey I like Amy Vinning but her being the gossip girl of the town and having her own so much being self righteous and gossiping is really annoying and grating on my nerves. 

Or Dan Rooney. After they broke up Jessie-Dan. Was Dan‘s character really that needed? I mean I get why they kept him for a little romance with Ruby and having friends for Steve Hardy in his age range but come on. 

or Jeremy.. Was that boy really needed for so long on the show? He’s such a know it all and being annoying like his mother. Why they kept Anne Logan after Jeff left is a mystery to me. I mean they even axed cast members before who stayed for 9-10 years between the 60‘s and 70‘s but kept Anne Logan for so long? UGH!

As much as I like Susan Moore why did they invest so hard in her character? She barely shared scenes with her evil Cousine Heather. She was always a mistress. Only big thing she got going on was the Alan-Susan and her pregnancy story. Which dragged on for most of 1981 by this point. Maybe it will be more exciting when the baby is born. But come on. She was a mistress to Mitch a year ago and is now a mistress to Alan.. but I do believe that Alan actually really loved her.

But overall the show is so good in June 1981. I just want hutch story to end. I also want Diana‘s murder to finally be solved for god damn sake

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I was just thinking about Robert Kelker-Kelly and how he played a cryogenically-frozen Stavros. Shouldn’t they have just brought back Stavros in 1996 with Stephen Nichols in the role instead of creating Stefan? Wouldn’t that have been easier and made more sense? 

• Members

The intention was that he was dead when they brought the Cassadines back. His resurrection and that entire terrible JFP story was just awful, and almost cost her the EP job.

Plus, it was inherent in the story that Laura and Stefan had a connection right from the beginning. As time went on that connection was revealed to be her only happiness on the island, and possibly that Nikolas was his son.

If it was Stavros, Luke kills him and any jeopardy to Luke and Laura’s marriage is gone. The point was to give them emotional material to play that could rock the foundation of the Spencer family. Stavros gives Luke and Lucky a direction for their anger, and Nikolas would have seen through his family conditioning about Laura much sooner. Luke’s simmering anger without release is what killed their marriage. Laura’s ability to connect with Nikolas would have eliminated some of her desperation, which was what broke her family apart from her side as far as Luke and Lucky.

• Members

I’m through with October 2016 completely now… I can see why GH won at the daytime Emmy’s for 2016-17.. This year was so balanced, always fast paced and most of the cast got their fair share of screen time and we got great acting and even some balanced and GOOD writing.

September-October already finished off the two major story’s before November sweeps. I guess it had more to do with two main cast member leaving.

We came to the end of the GH Serial Killer Story. Burgi was a great recast for Paul and even though some of the writing was so-so he delievered what they threw at him. He took Tracy hostage and wanted to kill her off. Even though Paul was a villain and I did think they could’ve done more with the serial killer plot but they did finish it on a high tbh. I even felt sorry for Paul coz of what he felt about what happened to his daughter.

I know how people feel about the Corinthos Clan and Sonny/Carlt in general. BUT during the mid 2010’s the corinthos clan felt like every other family we all loved during the 80’s/90’s episodes. They were a unit and loving and caring and only the Julian Jerome thing was hanging over them and Sonny actually did came to his senses and wanted to let the justice system take of him. They failed. He ordered a hit but called his gut and cancelled it after a really well acted scene between MB as Sonny and Griffin. But it was too late. 
With October we came to the climax of the Morgan Corinthos storyline. I still hate Ava for tempering with his meds which she feels guilty about. Which she should. But Morgan really lost his mind and his way when Kiki was about to break up with him for Dillon and when he thought they slept together. It was so heartbreaking to see Morgan suffer for weeks and going through all of his bipolar and then stealing Julian’s car with the bomb in it. Jason/Drew managed to make him stop and get out of the car and it exploded. I cried for like 10 minutes straight even though I knew it would happen. Great acting..

Morgan’s death destroyed the well bonded corinthos clan and gave them something real and heartbreaking stuff to deal with. Carly moved out and blamed Sonny, Michael got angry with Sonny and Sonny lost his mind.. The grieving family had so much material and the actors and actresses did so well with it. They deserved their win for best daytime drama. Can’t change my mind!

there was Nelle looking out for Avery and being there for the family and even looked out for Sonny. Idk. People can find me weird but with those Nelle-Sonny scenes I kinda wanted them to hook up. I even screamed at my screen: do it already lol 

Sonny wanted to end his life and OFC who popped up? Right… Robin! I’m not excited to see her coz she returned way too many times with her short stints that they don’t feel special anymore.. And if that chick brings up stone one more time.. ugh. They are milking it and I was not having it and Sonny wasn’t having it either lol 

The Claudette story got wrapped up too before November sweeps. 3 main story’s ending in October. I have to say that as dull as this story started it was still touching and good finished. Maxie even got kidnapped by mistake and I loved seeing KS as Maxie a bit more feisty again. This story made me fall in love with Maxie and Nathan again. Their chemistry was so natural. But Claudette’s gone and left her daughter with Griffin. Griffin is charlottes dad instead of Nathan. Sure sure. I really like Griffin. No joke here but the actor and I went to the same bathroom in 2018 at the convention and I was so nervous that a cast member was using the bathroom and I kinda hurried up to get out there lol

Curtis-Jordan have chemistry. They should’ve done something with it.. Valerie-Curtis ain’t it. Valerie was the most unnecessary introduction to the show..

Bobbie got a few episodes and she is so mean to Nelle.. I was like: Bobbie. Chill out man. Nelle is just helping out lol 

GOSH I’m so over Julian Jerome and Alexis Davis ! Alexis starts to being a drunk and talking to herself about what she’s been through. Girl STFU! At first I felt sorry for her but now I want her off my screen and I forgot how unlikeable Julian was and can’t stand him. Makes me miss the Julian Jerome/Charlie years with Kim Nero. lol 

They brought back Valentine Cassadine! Now it’s getting interesting and that he was involved with Claudette makes it even more interesting! 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover