GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can write you an entire essay about how stupid Sonny/Brenda's reunion we waited years for was tied to an origami gum wrapper serial killer and it still wouldn't be enough.  It was that bad.

I thought V was a vague replacement for where Miranda should have been in the story although I liked her.

Bringing Julia back was long overdue, so props for that.  

• Members

I just never realized they went through like 3-4 Pierce Dormans over what, 3 years? I had no idea he debuted in either '94 or '95. He was totally forgettable to me until they poached Tuc Watkins from OLTL. What was Labine even doing with him?

• Members

OG Dorman was very shady about Stone and his diagnosis.  I think that was his whole bit.  

Tony had to be like whoa slow down there bro.  He can still live out the time he has left.  And OG Dorman, was like, no thank you, I am a bigot lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Dr. Dorman debuted in 1994, but I think the stuff with Stone happened in summer of 1995.  I have seen it in Sonny/Brenda edits so I know it still exists on you tube.  It was after Stone's diagnosis, but Dorman's main story at the time was refusing to treat Stone because it was a hopeless case.  He was very recurring. I think the character left and then came back but was recast at least once or twice before Tuc Watkins took over.  

ETA-here's the scene I remember most.  Tony actually fires him.  It aired late Oct 95

Edited by carolineg

• Members

They were obviously the same Dr. Dorman, but the awful dr. to Stone didn't exactly have much correlation to what Dorman became, if that makes sense.  This Dorman was a jerk, but the Dorman that had an affair with Monica, dealt drugs, sued Monica, and ended up dead was about 100x more off the rails than the guy that didn't want to do the biopsy on Stone in the above clip.

The actor above appears to be Jim Fitzpatrick.

• Members

There were 4 actors to play Dorman I believe.  The first two you mentioned and Bradley White and obviously Tuc Watkins.

I am sure Dr. Dorman had more scenes in 1994-95, but I don't know how easily available they are.  There appears to be quite a bit of the Monica/Dorman story online, but not a lot of the early Dorman.  Sonny/Brenda seem to have the most complete library of clips for that time period although I know there used to be some Robin/Stone specific playlists he might pop up in.  

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think the Dr. Dorman in that clip above is Bradley White, who, incidentally, is married to Jennifer Bransford (a.k.a. "Fake Shemp" Carly).  I still remember him from an episode of "Law & Order" where his character killed his best friend and business partner so he could marry the guy's wife, played by Jenny Robertson.

• Members

I think you are right.  I just briefly glanced at the dates for each actor and I don't know enough about any of them besides Tuc to accurately make a judgment lol.  Looking at pictures on the internet I can find it does seem to be White.  Looking at Fitzpatrick again, I don't remember him at all as Dorman.  It's listed on IMBD, but not his wiki and I am wondering if his role as Pierce on AMC got conflated into Pierce on GH, which were roughly in the same time period.

• Members

From the what I saw his "time" at GH was before the AMC stint, but now I am thinking I was entirely wrong and IMBD gave me false info.  Which obviously happens, but I can't remember enough about early Dorman to say one way or another.