• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Continuing the summer of 1967,

Monday, July 17, 1967: Iris comes in late, and tells Meg of Baird's rejection.  She tells Steve she wants to stay on at the hospital.

Tuesday, July 18: Polly starts a new job as nurse's aid.

Wednesday, July 19: Meg and Lee discuss Iris, and Lee wonders if she isn't an alcoholic.

Thursday, July 20: Lee convinces Audrey to help avoid scandal by letting Steve support her and the child. Later, Steve receives a package from Mike Costello -- an infant's christening gown and carved angel.

Friday, July 21: Iris confesses to Meg that she's had a drinking problem in the past.

Monday, July 24: Polly tells Tom he is the only person who really understands her.

Tuesday, July 25: After Iris tries to cancel a dinner with Lee and Meg, Meg insists that Lee go to Iris and pick her up.  When Lee arrives, Iris' nervousness confirms his guess.

Wednesday, July 26: Judy Clampett tries to teach Henry modern dances, so he can surprise Sharon.

Thursday, July 27: Audrey goes to see Dr. Gregory, who tells her she is dehydrated and need to go to the hospital, but she declines.

Friday, July 28: Polly kisses Tom, who doesn't respond.

Monday, July 31: Jessie and John set their wedding date as one week after his release from the hospital.  Later, Tom tells Jessie how much he cares for her.

Tuesday, August 1: When Meg suggests she talk to Lee about her drinking problem, Iris panics and denies she needs help.

Wednesday, August 2: Meg tells Lee that she suggested Iris talk to him, but Lee is not willing to get involved.

Thursday, August 3: Polly confesses to Tom that she has never had any real life experiences. When Tom's reacts disappointingly, Polly blames Jessie for his reaction.

Friday, August 4: Jessie gets a disturbing letter from Phil.

Monday, August 7: Polly confides in her father that she is afraid that Tom isn't interested in her.

Tuesday, August 8: John asks Jessie to talk to Polly, and when she questions Polly over her feelings for Tom, it evokes Polly's resentment and suspicion.

Wednesday, August 9: Polly tells Tom she suspects there is something between him and Jessie.  He reassures her and she is encouraged by his attitude.

Thursday, August 10: Judy and Sharon are rivals for the privilege of teaching Henry to dance.

Friday, August 11: Shaky, Iris tries to resign, but Steve dissuades her.

Monday, August 14: Audrey tells Lucille that Dr. Jones has confirmed that the baby may be Steve's. Jessie and John set September 15 as the date of their wedding.

Tuesday, August 15: Steve is called away on business, but leaves his itinerary for Audrey insisting that she call if anything goes wrong.

Wednesday, August 16: Tom cuts John's does of anticoagulant, and Iris administers the new dose.  Later, Iris has a nightmare that she has given John an overdose and takes a stiff drink to calm herself.

Thursday, August 17: Lee promises Meg he will try to help Iris.

Friday, August 18: Steve impulsively kisses Audrey goodbye.

Monday, August 21: Tom reluctantly agrees to go with Polly to look for her an apartment.

Tuesday, August 22: Iris shakily drops a bottle of disinfectant at the nurse's station.  Later, Meg calls her and she is frightened when there is no answer.

Wednesday, August 23: Meg and Lee stop by to check on Iris and realize she has been drinking.

Thursday, August 24: Iris, late to work, promises Meg she'll have no more reasons for being late again.

Friday, August 25: John tells Lee he wants to make a will leaving Jessie as sole benefactor.

• Members

And I love that it's still used so frequently and a legacy character in Cameron even works there. Did they ever try to phase it out? I was watching some clips from the late 2000s/early 2010s a few weeks ago and characters were frequenting some ugly little (I mean tiny) coffee place for a while.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I'm not sure I remember that one? I do know Julian's embarrassing pub they tried to give him when they pretended he was going straight as a good man. That is still around and I think Phyllis, Sonny and Nina's buddy from Nixon Falls owns it now.

• Members

It's 2023! Learn to timestamp!

In all seriousness though I have no fùcking idea where this is supposed to be. I have a very very vague recollection of it. I don't think it was seen again after the Guza regime ended. I don't think it ever really supplanted Kelly's. It reminds me a loooottt of the dual coffee shop set used on both AMC and OLTL 2.0 lol (which was a lot bigger). I'll have to rewatch them again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IIRC, Tammy the former sex worker ended up running it for Luke and Bobbie for a period of time before she was phased out.  Not sure if Bobbie still owns it or not.

I can’t remember if anyone in the Dillon/Georgie era worked there or lived there.  I think the apartments upstairs haven’t been referenced in quite a while.  Does anyone know when the exterior became such a focal point for scenes?

I have really fond memories of the early 90’s younger characters hanging out and working there, and Ruby being involved with them.  Especially Brenda.

• Members

I definitely get a grin every time I see Kelly's being in use. Because there was a stretch of time it was kept alive only by reference from the characters than actually seen. And the fact that Cameron works there...like his mother before him...warms my heart. 

I really want to say that Bobbie still does own it...unless she sold it off during the period of time when I was not regularly viewing.

And I feel like the apartments upstairs were referenced within the last year or two, but don't quote me on that.

Please register in order to view this content

Mmmm...Brenda...

• Members

Heading into the Fall of '67...

Monday, August 28, 1967: Audrey arrives to see Dr. Prentice and admits she has had a slight hemorrhage.

Tuesday, August 29: Lucille finds Audrey in bed and learns about the hemorrhaging; Audrey warns her not to tell Steve.

Wednesday, August 30: An indignant Polly tells John that Tom loves Jessie causing John to have a seizure.

Thursday, August 31: John suffers a heart attack; Tom races to save him.

Friday, September 1: A guilty and defensive Polly is comforted by Jessie.

Monday, September 4: Because she has to work, Sharon turns down Henry's invitation to a baseball game, so he invites Judy.

Tuesday, September 5: Steve returns and learns that Audrey has been hemorrhaging, and that Jessie is intending to marry John despite his recent setback.

Wednesday, September 6: Patient Joan Fielding is admitted with possible cirrhosis of the liver, and Steve assigns Iris to the case.

Thursday, September 7: Polly tells Jessie the plan to marry her father while he is still sick is ridiculous.  

Friday, September 8: Iris is moved and identifies with her alcoholic patient.

Monday, September 11: Jessie asks Polly to be her maid of honor, and at first Polly is resentful, but then agrees when she remembers her role in her father's heart attack.

Tuesday, September 12: Steve visits Audrey, and asks her to attend the wedding with him.

Wednesday, September 13: Joan Fielding starts to experience delirium tremors and Iris calls for help.  Shaken, she has to go home.

Thursday, September 14: On the eve of the wedding, Tom comes to visit Jessie and admits his love for her...Polly overhears.

Friday, September 15: The day of Jessie and John's wedding.

Monday, September 18: On their wedding night, John asks Jessie to move into his house...with Polly.

Tuesday, September 19: Polly reacts negatively to the suggestion that Jessie move into the family house.

Wednesday, September 20: Steve tells Joan Fielding that any further drinking will be fatal.

Thursday, September 21: Steve invites Audrey to the Interns Benefit and she refuses.

Friday, September 22: Polly and Jessie quarrel over a plan to move into a new house.

Monday, September 25: Polly shows Jessie the Prentice house and tells Jessie about her mother.

Tuesday, September 26: Iris meets Joan for dinner where they promise to go on the wagon together.

Wednesday, September 27: Iris tells Lee she is taking sleeping pills at night.

Thursday, September 28: John tells Jessie he has changed the house title to a joint one, but hasn't told Polly.

Friday, September 29: Iris gets a call from Joan, who has been fired and is drinking again.

Edited by depboy