Self-aware recast humor

• Members

Figured I'd start a thread on this, even though I know it's similar to the "Rare instances of flashing back to a previous casting" thread but it doesn't need to involve actually showing both actors. But I'm looking for tongue-in-cheek humor here. Do you have any fun examples to share from your favorite shows? Feel free to throw in some primetime examples too if you have them. I'll share some of mine. And if anyone has videos, please post them.

AMC: The Babe hugaroo. One of the weirdest recast moments I've ever seen!

PASSIONS: Tabitha hears a voiceover announcing "The role of Fox Crane is now being played..." There used to be a clip on YouTube! Sigh.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS did a similar switch like AMC's Babe when they recasted Jack from Mark Valley to Steve Wilder in September 1997. Jack (MV) was in a prison shower and Jenn stepped in and surprised him. When Jack turned around to see Jenn, he was suddenly Steve Wilder.

• Members

The oddest switch I remember from ATWT had to be the Allyson Rice Taylor/Susan Batten change. One show ended with ART"s Connor on the phone, the next show started with SB's Connor still on the phone, wearing the same clothes.

Archived