June 27 - July 1, 2011

Toups

• Members

Exactly Toups! I'm amazed at OLTL's day to day viewers numbers versus GH & AMC. Yes, they lost viewers too, but they are still holding on to more viewers than GH & AMC. All I can say is, rock on OLTL! I will follow you to Prospect..:DB)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL was getting worst numbers for most of 2010 than AMC has gotten the past year even if you include a week like this, so you never know. Sometimes it completely turns around. Of course both shows are going off the air on television so it's a bit of a moot point.

• Members

I don't believe it has either, Carolyn. I was talking about Household and Total Viewers. I believe OLTL was regularly doing better than AMC in 18-49 when the situation was reversed in 2010. AMC's audience skews older even when they're doing well overall.

• Members

AMC and OLTL more or less switched places in 2010 and 2011 in HH and Total Viewers number. I'm getting done doing the average in Total Viewers that's how I was able to pluck that number out so fast. OLTL for the last couple of year is typically healthier than AMC in 18-49 no matter how bad they're doing overall or how good AMC is doing. You can tell why that is watching the programs. There's a huge difference in the audience each show would appeal to. AMC is a lot more conservative at least under LB and S&K.

AMC is averaging 2,414,000 viewers overall Jan - Jul 2011

OLTL was averaging 2,410,000 viewers overall Jan - Jul 2010

• Members

OLTL has come full circle as a soap as its clearly gotten its own new fanbase. I think quality does equal ratings but it only works for the long-term and not the short-term. OLTL has been a quality soap since 2008 and its now starting to stand out from AMC and GH b/c of those shows troubles. OLTL has become its own machine since the fall and its showing up now more than ever in the ratings. I believe OLTL can get 3 million viewers before November.

B&B had a pretty good week outside of Friday, best consecutive weeks for them in months and Y&R was a lot more weaker this week.

DAYS probably isn't going to get back on its game until next week, too much confusion with these airings will probably throw people off.

• Members

I'm happy that my second fave soap OLTL is doing so well--but at this point I don't get why. It's like the more fans complain (even most hardcore fans on here) the better the ratings are! (I admit I love how much it improves, even by small numbers, over GH...)

Meanwhile, I'm annoyed AMC hasn't climbed at all as it improved SOO much that week, but maybe (hopefully) the Broderick style will be a slow climb? At this point I know the ratings are irrelevent, but... (Although its overall drop is less than Frons' fave GH)

• Members

I don't know. I used to think that people would come back to say goodbye but now I think it makes some people just say "Why bother?" Personally, I gave up on AMC last year. I only came back because of the Hubbard baby and I only stayed because of cancellation. It would be pretty easy for me to walk away.

I won't get into my theory about OLTL. I'm not in the mood for yet another round of Lord of the Flies.

Archived