B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Yes During The Original Airing back in 1991-92, that's actually Prime Time Here, or used to be, It Aired After Manchete's Main Telenovela at the Time, I Have The feeling That The Unpopularity of "Amazonia" Contributed to the Low Ratings B&B got here though, as For The Second Airing on Rede Baideirantes in 1999 it Aired On the Afternoon, at 3 P.M., As shown on The 3rd Vid, Unfortunately it only lasted 4 months there

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

watching now Jessica and Dylan i remember that i must have been around 18 when i first saw these episodes and the story seemed to me very real. A girl falls in love with a boy, the boy has a crush on another more popular girl lol. BTW i was not popular at all a lot like Jessica.

Edited by Marquise

• Members

The Dylan Jessica story is cliche after cliche after cliche... and the melodrama is unbearable. I miss the old days with Stephanies sarcasm and Brooke in the hotseat every time she went into the Forrester mansion. I miss how intelligent Taylor was written and how creepy Sheila was... Im watching 1891 and its just... another show... I had hope that it would stay good since it was still good after Brooke took over the company... but lately it has been so much boring SLOW scenes... so much storylines with NO focus.. it seems like everything is going with that Bradley Bell turtle speed. When is the show going to get better? Someone said.. in 1997... I hope not. 

• Members

In that case I get why you could relate to her. For me Dylan and Jessica were the standard teen pairing on soaps which equals to fast forward material...

Please register in order to view this content

One of the few exception were the original Amber years and the Glo by Jabot kids on Y&R. I can't think of any other teen set I ever liked. And with Jessica I have ZERO hopes that I will find her more interesting than in the first run. It's amazing that Dylan Neal made a serious career after this role: he was super handsome and had charisma but he could not elevate the material back then and for me Dylan and Jessica were just okay as a couple. And the many scenes with Stephanie and Eric were so cringe-worthy - and it got even more ridiculous when John Forrester was never shown and Maggie (who showed up 11 months later) was well Maggie.

• Members

What I find absolutely astounding is the huge deal Stephanie and Eric are making about Jessica and Dylan having sex. They talk as if Jessica is about to ruin her entire life, get pregnant, drop out of school and so on, when in fact she is being very responsible and using protection. Maybe it's a cultural difference between the US and Europe because for me this whole storyline feels like something out of a different time (1890s rather than 1990s).

• Members

Now we can watch It First Hand, Katie Reduced to A Mere Plot Device, I Felt So Sorry for Nancy Sloan, spending nearly 10 years like The Live In Nanny. I Mean Couldn't they think of something to do with her? A Romance, a simple storyline, a career, I'm prett sure it would've been a welcome change in a show that constantly recycled the same stories and Had To do a Super SORAS on Brooke's Kids to add drama! Not saying she was super talented but then most actors on the show weren't, i believe i saw her on DOOL and she did a pretty decent job.

BTW This had me Thinking, By 2008 All Logans BUT Brooke were Recast,  This meant a lot of DESoras on them including Brooke! Let's see Sloan is from 1965 and Katie was initially 16, Tom is 10 years younger i feel her Katie is from Around '77? DeVry is from '68, Storm was initially the oldest, not sure about this one, Carrie Mitchum is from 1965, Donna was Initially 18, I feel Gareis was given around the same age, but more recently i feel like they have her as being from 1972, on Beth Logan has Baldwin was from 43, Burnett from 46 and Riker from 52 that makes Both Beth and Brooke Considerably Younger, and P. Duffy as Steven Too, it's quite interesting

• Members

Let me say it. It's episode 1928 and Taylor is getting married to Omar. Let me say that it is official. The show has turned from a diamond to utter trash. It is basically unbearable to watch. I am praying for a change soon.

• Members

Fall 1994, aftermath of OJ plus Reilly's Days was about to blow up. B&B starts tanking in the second half of 1995.

Yeah, we can really see the difference between Bill Bell's masterpiece of 1987-1993 and Bradley who did not inherit his father's talent.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I always figured 1994 wasn’t nearly as strong as 1993, but it’s interesting that everyone on here notices the dip in quality compared to Bill and Bradley’s writing. I guess 94-97 seems better in hindsight compared to how messy everything on the show seems now. I do wonder if Thudley really was inspired by the likes of JER and the other more outlandish soap writers. 

1995 definitely seems a step up to 1994. I can’t honestly say I know a whole lot of what happen during 96-97 other then Brooke losing her mind and the dolls. 

• Members

I've said this numerous times, but to me the real proof that Bradley did not inherit his father's talent was when we were denied a Stephanie and Victor scene during the Jabot/Newman/Forrester crossover storyline. You know Bill Bell would have given us a scene of two of his greatest creations together. I recall an interview w/ Susan Flannery from the early 2000s where she even said it was a missed opportunity that Stephanie and Victor didn't interact during that storyline. I wish I could find that interview but no luck.