Days: More actors exit

• Members

It was obvious that Nadia got canned like the rest of the actors that were also fired. I think its a good call. Nadia's is gorgeous but her acting is very limited. Chloe has been ruined beyond repair. Chloe needs to be off the DOOL canvas for awhile. Tamara was awful as Taylor. The role did not fit her. Plus it was a thankless role. Bren as Quinn was unimpressive and needed to be given the boot. I'd say Corday made the right calls on these firings. I think Corday is making the right decisions of getting rid of these actors in favor of bringing back very popular DOOL faves to the canvas. The new writers need to step it up big time cause its the writing that is really killing the show.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You dont solve a problem with just firing people, because people grew to love some of them... You have new viewers who dont know Marlena or Jack, and you bring them back and then people have to start to care about them. And people who loved Carly, Vivian, Chloe or even Dario are leaving because there show is not the same anymore.

So firing people is ok, but not like 6 people around the same time.

• Members

DAYS should stop thinking about getting new viewers or caring about those that started to watch recently, they were fans of nuDAYS, fakeDAYS, the Dena Higley and Gary Tomlin era which is now over. TPTB should care about their longtime fans, which they are now doing when we're getting THE REAL DAYS back. The times when soaps got alot of new viewers is over, the focus should be to keep those that are still watching.

• Members

You are awar that the DAYS you loved was very, very different from the Days that previous viewers loved right? I mean, there was even a DAYS once without a Brady family. and yes, without a Marlana.

And you say the show should ignore new viewers and then say that the show should focus on current viewers? ummm...

• Members

When Days made moves in the 80's and rid itself of older characters - Doug,Julie,Don,Maggie,Marie it was stated by the Hayes that NBC or whoever said that studies had shown there was a core of viewers that would watch regardless and those changes were made to lure new viewers.

Things are very different today as there are not a lot of new viewers but the thinking still seems to be the same.A core of viewers will keep watching and maybe bringing back characters from higher rated times may cause lapsed viewers to tune back in and boost the numbers.

Without the writing to back it up these returns won't do anything for the ratings apart from a possible boost when Marlena etc return.

When Deidre came back in 91 the show jumped to #2 but as the weeks went by,the ratings drifted down to the middle of the pack.

• Members

^ The "REAL DAYS" is the one from the period where that particular viewer loved it most, which obviously defines it for the show itself and for every viewer, ever. None of us are allowed to enjoy anything outside those parameters or we're WRONG.

• Members

dayslover was talking about people who loved Carly, Vivian, Chloe or even Dario. So when I said new viewers I was talking about people that started to watch during nuDAYS (2008-present). Not all current viewers are new viewers, alot of us who are fans of the real DAYS are still watching and we want our show back.

Real DAYS = 1965-2008. With the golden years being 1966-1975, 1981-1986, 1993-1997.

FakeDAYS = October 2008-2011.

• Members

Yeah because the "redefined" DAYS worked out so well with poor ratings, vets like John, Marlena and Tony getting crappy exits, vets like Steve and Kayla getting no exit at all, Higley pets like Melame and Dr Tan McHairyChest, Tomlin's Hernandi pets, cardboard looking sets, pink/purple lighting. Oh but I forgot, all of that was accepted because we got SUZANNE ROGERS :rolleyes:

• Members

Newsflash, daytime is in the toilet. Ratings are down across the board. And if Im not mistaken, the ratings did rise when they dropped those characters and restructrued the show. Im actually finding Days more enjoyable now than I ever did since the early 2000s. Its not perfect and has its issues, but its at least watchable and not causing me to drop the show, such as the silly nonsense that occurred from several years back.

Archived