FOX 25th Anniversary Special

All My Shadows

• Members

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/2011/tv-news/fox-plots-star-studded-25th-anniversary-special-next-year/

I'm extremely excited for this. FOX was the network we watched the most as a family back in the 90s, so I have very fond memories of watching Married with Children, Martin, The Simpsons, Living Single, New York Undercover, and other shorter-lived stuff.

Hopefully it's not too much of a popularity-based thing like the big three's specials were a few years ago. I'm sure there will be tons of Glee/Idol-ness, but they better not gloss over 90210, MP, and the other older shows!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fox 1987-1994 or so is what I miss - in recent years it is just full of garbage and has no identity whatsoever beyond Idol and a few aging shows about angry white men and their sycophants (House, 24).

• Members

Man I hate Fox as a network. Ive been burned too many times with them failing to allow new shows to gain an audience and cancelling them prematurely. It used to be great in the 90s but saw a steady decline towards the end when the reality show craze emerged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sounds like fun if they don't make the kinds of mistakes you all have mentioned. Just last week during one of those insomnia-induced Wikipedia sessions did I realize that FOX sitcoms I remember watching like Mr. President, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, and Women in Prison were all from FOX's first season. Wish I could remember what channel 5 was like before that, but I think mostly movies like FOX continued to do on Tuesday nights for example for quite a few years.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I thought it was pretty good! I was honestly expecting something like the other network anniversary specials, but I liked the retrospective set-up. My fave segments were the one for their primetime soaps (LOVED when the MP theme kicked in) and then the Idol segment, especially when they got away from the auditions part and focused on the winners and runners-up. AI used to be enormous.

• Members

Although I knew that it wouldn't be likely (since Fox, like many networks, is guilty of using Black programming to get a leg up in the game, only to toss them aside for more mainstream fare), I still wish that Fox had mentioned their own Must-See TV (Martin/Living Single/NY Undercover) block that ran opposite NBC's during the mid-90s.

Archived