B&B: June Discussion Thread

• Members

By the late 90's it seemed to me like the show was really reaching - like the hypnosis storyline, or the one where she got TB from Frank Gorshin.

I think if they brought Taylor back they had to dirty her up. The problem is she has no real direction and her relationship with every character in her life is so vacuous. Her kids, Ridge, Stephanie - it's mostly based on this image they have of noble Taylor, not on anything she has actually been in recent years.

The writing for Brooke is just as bad, unfortunately.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember Ridge cheating on Taylor with Brooke. If the threshold of "respect" is "not showing up in a teddy" or "accidently meeting Ridge in the steamroom"...then yes, I guess Taylor "respected" that marriage.

Otherwise, IMO, she's been sitting like a vulture, screwing Rick, Nick and Whip while haranguing Ridge about his relationship with Brooke and "promise" not to put up with another of Brooke's "lies". She supports the people who actively have tried to break up that marriage. That makes her just as guilty. She's way past the point being able to claim ignorance.

• Members

Ridge didnt cheat on Taylor be he loved and respected his marriage with her enough not to do so. Brooke however didnt. She DID try to get Ridge to sleep with her and into her bed numerous times. The most they did was kiss but he always turned her down when she'd strip down to her undies

Loved Steffy's reaction to Brooke and Thomas. Liked that she did some blaming on Thomas

Loved Liam and Hope today. I cant beleive all this time they still havnet talked and only been dealing in texts. Didnt think Tawny would STILL be doing that. Loved how they came together and figured it out. The story wasnt nasueating today. I think I appreciate it more bc the show has been on too much Brooke and berries overload latelt

• Members

He didn't cheat on Taylor with Brooke. He did cheat on her with Morgan.

Taylor's methods may be more subtle, but it's been clear she's never respected BRidge's marriage. She pounces on Ridge every time there's a problem offering him her "advice" and telling him Brooke is a pervert/deficient/incapable of "true love". That's JUST as heinous as stripping down to nekkidness, or attempting to. It's simply "classier" in the eyes of society. It's no more respectful, using what amounts to psychological warfare on the defenseless idiot that is Ridge.

• Members

It's really good to see Ian Buchanan again. And how refreshing that James is already convinced Thomas must be lying.

I know I ripped on KKL...but when she keeps it under control, not hysterically crying, mumbling, pulling/ripping off her clothes, etc...she's much more effective in expressing Brooke's pov.

Ugh...Taylor's insistance on labeling Thomas' schtupping Brooke as "abuse" on Brooke's part is disgusting. It's laughable that she wanted to prosecute Brooke. Simply wrestling Ridge away wasn't enough for the "esteemed" Doctor. NNNNoooo, she wants Brookie in jail. *eyeroll*

• Members

LOVD Steffy ripping into Brooke. That was a good scene. She's been on fire the past 2 days. Loved her ripping into Thomas yesterday

He's a B&B vet! He played James back in the 90s and has been recurring for the last couple of years. I didnt expect to see him and shocked that it was only yesterday that news of him returning made it to SID.com.

I think that was meant to be taken figuratively. I dont think she actually thought she culd put Brooke in jail. She wants to prosecute her, in that she wants to make her suffer and pay

• Members

JMW has been giving great performances lately, I especially enjoyed her yesterday when Steffy reeled into Thomas. However ,I do not like how once again everything is Brooke's fault. At least Steffy laid some of the blame on Thomas (rightfully so), unlike Taylor!

And wow I had no idea Ian was a B&B vet!! You can tell I'm still new to this show lololol!!

• Members

FYI, he's the guy Taylor had a one night stand with back when she was married to Ridge, which ultimately ended their marriage after she came back from the dead. He was also once engaged to Brooke and I believe briefly dated Stephanie. Here's a really old cover (lmao at Dixie's hair being a topic back then)

soddec2193a.jpg

• Members

Nope...I'm pretty sure she was dead serious. I'm surprised Taylor restrained herself; I was sure the next words out of her mouth were going to be advising Ridge to get RJ out of that house before Brooke "accidently" abused her own son.

IDK...I thought it was pretty self-serving of Steffy to rip Thomas like that. Yeah, I know he's lying...but it's not as if Steffy isn't lusting after Bill, who's clearly old enough to be her father.

Archived